Can this be teathing? Help needed!

MissThing

Reaction score
Hello girls!

Can anybody help me what s happening? Lately, Daniel, when he is offered his feed (doesnt matter boob or bottle, but with bottle its worse!) he starts crying. And he is really unsettled for quite a while but eventually he has it. And he is trying to suck his fists all the time, what he hasnt been doing before. I was thinking, if he is teathing, sucking might irritate his gums, especially with bottles. Can anybody explain, please? :hug:

Keeley: He is 3 months old. Will he be ok with a teething ring?
:hug:

Hey Carina,

I think amber is teething also, as she is sucking her hand loads and dribbling lots...

I have tried giving her a teething ring but she isnt interested in it anyway much prefers her hands....!

Maddison is teething too, I havent offered her a teething ring yet as she cant hold it in her mouth herself. She seems happy enough to suck on her hands, bibs and muslins and when she starts screaming I give her Calpol and her dummy and lots of cuddles :D

Hi girls :D

Sounds like teething to me :D

Try the teething ring that's cool in the fridge. She'll be ok as long as you don't leave her alone with it but generally they're big enough so that they don't pose a choking hazard.

Also invest in a pack of Nelson's "Teetha" powder or some "Teetha" gel. It's herbal and numbs the tongue and gums and also has an instant calming effect on the poor little mites if they're distressed. A godsend.

If feverish with the teeth, give 2.5 ml calpol or baby nurofen (though I'm not sure about nurofen for teeny baby)

Hope you 're having some trouble free teething soon

Sue

Thanks girls!

I had one of the teething rings attached to a toy, gave that. He sucked for a bit, now screaming again! :cry: OH trying to calm him down, so id better go. It just started so suddenly. Sue-where do you get that gel?

Any good pharmacy or I think I got at least the powders in Tesco once or twice. It's a very popular brand.

Sue

Sue: I had a look in 2 Loyds and in Boots and none had that gel :? So I had to get Bonjela teething gel, which helped too :) I will keep looking for Nelsons :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back