Any ideas on getting baby to move about?

pigletpoo

Reaction score
Up until yesterday, baby was moving loads, you could see my whole tummy move and he was shifting about a lot, and I could feel him pushing up under my right ribs and feet kicking me in my left side - he was head down at my last appointment so I assumed he was kinda curled round.

But yesterday I hardley felt a thing, and when I did it was really low down movement, really low down! Like he was trying to get out. But no shifting, no tummy movement, and in the evening just a bit of kicking or poking in the middle on my right side - but nothing too powerful.

So how can i encourage him to move more today so i can figure out whats going on and where he is? Could he of turned?
I keep getting really strong period type pains again and keep going the loo, and I was sick again this morning. I feel absolutely shattered.

Any ideas? My next appointment is on 7th August with a consultant.

Piglet xx

he may have turned, i was at hospital last week and they told me he was head down, but at the midwifes on tues they told me he's breech :(

Ice cold water works for me or if you eat sweets, drink a can of coke = lots of sugar, redbull always gets mine moving thats what i did for my 4d scan when baby was head into placenta and wouldn't move. Or just slowly moving baby with your hands on your tummy if i push baby's bum then she/he always moves.

Hope some of that may help :hug: Im sure baby is fine just having a rest time :D

Hey!

I have days like that, really active days and then really quiet days and yes it likes getting ya REALLY low down which is uncomfortable! lol

I encourage mine to kick me etc by stroking my belly and just giving slight pokes...i found that he/she is very responsive when i am most relaxed and it loves the sound of water so everytime i am in the bath i am guaranteed some good movement.

My midwife always said from 28 weeks plus I should be feeling baby at least 10 times a day, if you are ever unsure thats what midwifes are for - give them a ring and ask for some advice or to see them?
Hope this helps x

The other day it felt like she bit me :shock:
If I think she is being quite I can soon get her moving by eating an ice lolly or playing Justin Timberlake to her, she loves Justin!

HEE HEE

mine likes anything by the feeling or with a good beat! (like the dad!!)

The best tried and tested way to get your baby to wiggle is a glass of ice cold water.. it is also worth baring in mind that your baby is getting alot bigger now and so has less room to move about.

Babies in the womb have a pattern of being awake and asleep generally they will be awake for only 20 minutes several times a day (this is what my midwife has told me :D) and will have a little stretch then go back to sleep, so by having a glass of freezing water you shock them into waking up, its generall best to avoid anything high in caffine tho.

If you are concerned or worried about the movements try making a kick chart.. so you know for sure how many movements baby has made in the day.

And most importantly Relax :)

Hope this helps?
Hugs Sovvy

Vickyleigh said:

OMG :shock: although that's kinda funny :rotfl:

I find really freezing cold water will make my little one squirm around, so will sweets (chocolate or sugary things). Also if I lean back in the sofa or on cushions on the bed he'll wiggle more than if I'm moving around.

It's possible your baby could have turned breech. When mine did, that's exactly how it felt. Suddenly moving less and what movement I did feel was really low down and internal. Like right on top of my cervix. Sure enough when I went to the GPs the next day, I was told he was head up.

If you're constantly having bad period pains I would definitely get that checked out. I haven't had any period like pains the whole pregnancy and that's what labour pains are supposed to start off like.

K.xxx

pigletpoo said:
Up until yesterday, baby was moving loads, you could see my whole tummy move and he was shifting about a lot, and I could feel him pushing up under my right ribs and feet kicking me in my left side - he was head down at my last appointment so I assumed he was kinda curled round.

But yesterday I hardley felt a thing, and when I did it was really low down movement, really low down! Like he was trying to get out. But no shifting, no tummy movement, and in the evening just a bit of kicking or poking in the middle on my right side - but nothing too powerful.

So how can i encourage him to move more today so i can figure out whats going on and where he is? Could he of turned?
I keep getting really strong period type pains again and keep going the loo, and I was sick again this morning. I feel absolutely shattered.

Piglet xx

fresh orange jiuce and a bar of dairy milk.

Nicola said:
Vickyleigh said:

OMG :shock: although that's kinda funny :rotfl:

The cat was sitting on my knee and she curls up by my bump so she is touching it and she started scratching like mad and it made my stomach really shake and that woke the baby up. She started kicking and wriggling like mad so I think she must have touched a nerve or something but it felt sharp like she bit me :rotfl:

i got an appt for 7th aug aswell if i make it that far lol

id suggest coca cola caffine free that gets my baby moving.

think its the sugar :) but then baby tends to headbutt me or something in my womans area which flipping hurts :(

hi hun try something cold like a drink or ice lolly or sumthing hot like a cup of tea. also have a feel of bump this gets my LO moving. if you are worried that they have slowed down alot tho you could ring mw or have bump checked at hospital, but im sure your LO is fine.

xxxx

pigletpoo said:

Piglet xx

I wonder if your baby has engaged?

I think that as long as you feel 10 movements within 12 hours, then everything is OK. Usually, I feel more movement when I eat, especially sugary foods.

Hey, thanks everyone.

I tried all sorts to get him moving, and I only got little movements. But then last night I went to the cinema to watch Harry Potter (yawn) and I ate popcorn and fruit pastels and drank a cold diet coke, at about 11.30 pm my stomach started moving big time! Looked like he was having a party in there! Even OH said "yuk thats minging!" (charming) But I still couldnt feel it a much..... So I'm sure he has moved. Can't believe I gotta wait so long till my next appointment - but I'm not as worried now.

Thanks again everyone. :hug:

Piglet xx

u should always contact ur MW if theres hardly any movement, just 2b on the safe side. a few of us had reduced movements at about ur stage in pregnancy, we went 2 the hosp for monitoring and of course LO's showed us all up by moving loads making us look like neurotic mummies! but its always best 2b on the safe side. glad u felt him move loads!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back