Any horse owners or lovers

Countrybumpkin

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any horse owners or lovers on the board? If so would love to hear more about them.

I own two super native ponies, one i ride and the other is only 3, but i still show her and hope to bring her under saddle next year. Lots of ground work with her this year, once i have some more energy. :roll:

I am very lucky as i am able to have both the ponies at home with me, so they are rather spoilt.

hiya, I love horses too.

I haven't got my own as i had to sell them 10 years ago when my eldest was about 8 months old because i couldn't afford them anymore, i had a 17year old ISH, 16.1hh and a 6 year old cleveland bay cross, 15.3hh.

I'm not rididng through this pregnancy as stopped riding in november as an attempt to save money for christmas, then had health issues (anaemia) that were still being sorted out in march, and found out i was pregnant at the end of march:wall2: :shock:

I was asked to exercise my old bosses horse for her when the weather picked up but have had to turn her down as he gets just a little over-excited when on a hack, nearly had me off the first time i ever rode him a couple of years ago.

My three boys can all ride aswell but only the 6 year old thinks he might want to go back to riding this year, the 10 year old is off lead walk, trot and the 7 year old is off lead walk, trot, canter, the 6 year old was just starting to come off lead in walk when our riding scholl closed down.

So here's to yet another non-riding year for me :lol:

Hoping to go to HOYS with my littlest before baby is due so won't be completely unhorsey xx

Hey, I am a big horse lover - would love to own my own but with two of us in the forces and away a lot its not even feasible to own a dog let alone a horse! Luckily have a friend who lives nearby who has 2 and I help her out when I am at home. Have stopped now though because the mare that I ride is quite funny and can freak out at very random stuff (a lot of the time on the road) which was fine when it was just me but I wouldn't forgive myself if I fell off and lost the little bean - will be getting straight back on after the pregnancy though!!! :)

I'm a horse lover :) always had horses up until and accident in 2008 when I was about 17 weeks pregnant. Had a horse rear and flip over. Broke my back, had internal bleeding and injuries when the horse kicked me.

So stopped riding and am now terrified of horses. However I started lessons last week so hopefully I will get over it soon.

am horse mad i have a 15hh cob. i did have 3 of my own but lost one a year and half ago he got colic had surgery but didnt make it. i was so gutted he was my baby id had him for 16 years. i also had a very old tb mare which i took on bout 4 years ago for a friend who didnt have time for her saldy lost her at the end of last year but she was a grand old age of 39!! so now am down to 1 just id love more but am trying to save the pennies so sticking with one for now. xxxxxx

gosh tonks your acciedent sounds horrid glad ur ok now and geting back in the saddle xx

yay just had an email from another riding school about my 5 year old starting riding lessons again and we have been invited to go and have a look round to c if he likes the yard, so maybe i'll get to be around horses through this pregnancy!!!

I'm going to a second viewing of a 16.2hh bay ID on Thursday :yay:

Glad to hear there are other horsey people on the board.

Tonks, that sounds a horrid accident you had and very scary. But great news to hear you are about to view a horse for the second time, exciting time for you.

Wirenth, that is great news and at least you will feel you are keeping your hands in during the pregnancy.

Hayels, sorry to hear about your losts, they just become part of the family, which makes things so hard, to come to terms with.

At only 5'2" i am lucky as i never grow out of ponies :)

tonks sounds very nice hope gos well for u x

My Auntie has had horses all her life meaning free lessons for me! Hehe!

We went halves on a 3/4 thoroughbred chestnut a few years back - he was only cheap as the owner of a riding school had passed so all the horses needed homing. However he's an absolute nutter.

He's fine on his own but when you're out with anyone else everything is just a big race to him! He's bucked and rolled with my auntie on him so we don't tend to ride him anymore. My auntie uses him for her riding lessons but it's only in the paddock at the back of her house.

i've been riding since i was about three, never owned my own but i have loaned and shared horses all my teenage years, i also worked in a riding school/livery up until i fell pregnant but hopefully i'll be back in the saddle soon enough :D

Last edited:
well my 5 year old is booked in for a lesson on sunday so hopefully he will get along with the instructor and pony, also while i was there i found out about a loan scheme that they run through the winter so was thinking maybe i might go for it next year and they were very helpful about some courses that they do for being a ride leader so might take that one on when i have a little more time after baby is born.

oh yeah and i got my portfolio back today from the NVQ i took last year for horse care and riding ... I passed easily and the comments on the front of portfolio were "An excellent collectio of evidence to demonstrate the skills and knowledge you have gained. Well Done."
well i thought the course was really easy as I have been round horses for 20yrs so all i really gained from the NVQ was a qualification and evidence to show perspective bosses lol

It was good fun doing the course though as it meant i had to be around horses 3 days a week for 8 1/2 hours and i got paid for my help at the yard.

Wow there are alot of horsey people on here!! I had to give up when found out i was pregnant as the riding school wont insure me!! Hoping to go back once baby is born as i miss the horses terribly!!! esp my little fav!! I still go up there to see everyone but i do miss it!!

Would anyone know how long you have to wait before you get back in the saddle? I am due beginning of October and wondering if the new year would be too soon?!

Hi! I own 3 of my own, am a groom and instructor! so yes relatively horse mad, and will not give them up for anything! haha. still riding, 10 weeks pregnant, and its very tiring but i love them and they have always been a major part of my life! its quite nice to talk horses with people all in similar situations! x

I'm a horsey person. Used to own 7 horses, but we moved 300 miles away and didnt have the space so they were sold to a good friend of ours who also had a few horses. I dont really get chance o ride anymore which is a shame, but definitely one day when we've moved out of the city i'll get at least one, probably a cob around 15-16hh just for exercise and hacks out. Also trying to get my husband in the saddle lol, but he is not having any of it at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back