any help greatly appreiciated

Becky&Willow

Reaction score
i have just been made redundant from my job :wall: i have been told i will get my final payment of smp as july would have been my last payment anyway :dance: , but i was wondering if i would now be entitled to the surestart mat grant or any bebefits other then child tax/working tax :think:

Why have you been made redundant?

The rules are different regarding redundancy when your on maternity (i think)

just wondered, cos women on maternity have more protection against redundancy than other employees. But if the whole business is going then they have no choice but to make you redundant.
since your post the comp i work for has declared that it is going bust and is either looking for a buyer or going into liquidation. So not sure whats going on with me either!

It will all depend on what redundancy package your employers give you, ie if they pay you any money other than your maternity pay. you would be best speaking to CAB or JCP when you know the details

since i have been on mat leave apart from the 1st 6 weeks i have only been getting basic smp £108.50 a week they have not been giving me any extra they did say that i would be getting my normal smp at the end of july (this would have been my last paymemnt anyway) plus they are giving me a weeks severance pay. i just need to double check that they are deffo giving my my final full smp payment i am going to ask for it in writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back