Any Hairdressers or people who colour own hair???

MrsBrightside

Reaction score
Right ive used the same hairdresser, I friend of mine, for years... the problem is to get my hair cut and colored with her I have to spend the day up home and it means getting up and back in a day and its a right fart on.... so this time my mate said she would buy a highlighting kit and come around and do it... fine no problems... I normally get foils done but thought this once the good old cap would have to do....

She came and pulled most of my hair throu the cap :? put the stuff on and left.... no problems apart from I thought she had pulled too much hair throu... anyway washed it off and she was no where near my roots... my OH has since said if I get some more stuff he will try and sort it out for me.. hes willing to try doing my foils cause I figured its fairly straight forward....

I was just wondering how long I should leave it b4 I top up my roots and will it matter if I dont buy the same product that was originally put on... I dont wanna make it any worse then it already is????

sorry its a long post and thanks in advance!!!

I would go to a hairdressers and get them to fix it. From experience you might make it worse. The different chemicals might react and how knows what might happen.

Good luck :D

lauramumof2 said:
I would go to a hairdressers and get them to fix it. From experience you might make it worse. The different chemicals might react and how knows what might happen.

Good luck :D

Yup totally agree...

Been there, done that and ended up with yellow hair! :shock:

I hate going to hairdressers they always wrap ya up in tin foil and make ya sit in the window like a turkey..... I looked in the yellow pages to see if I could find a one that comes to ya house but there wasnt any listed!!!!!

i would say try it yourself hun i always dye my own
just buy a dark colour incases it does go really wrong although ive been dying my hair for over 10 years now and ive never had a huge prblem.
the cap highlights are rubbish though get one with a brush, they shouldnt react if its just blonde rather then 2 different colours
good luck :)
xx

You will never be able to do foils yourself.. Its hard enough to get it near the routes if your a hairdresser..
My advice being a hairdresser, is wait a few weeks and go to a salon and get it done, failing that look in your local paper there are lots of mobile hairdressers around and its cheaper than a saoln!

Ive looked for a mobile hairdresser and couldnt find any...... My mate did it about 3 weeks ago so from what it says on the new one that I bought I have to leave a gap of 3 weeks in between colors... im tempted to just bugger it and plash the stuff on my roots cause I figure they cant look much worse then they do now.... :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back