Any good cold remedies?

BabysMomma

Reaction score
I've tried the search tab cos I know there have been threads about other ladies having the cold etc, but tbh I can't really find anything...and I'm feeling so frickin lousy that it hurts my eyes reading through all the pages that have came up :roll: I know, woe is me :lol:

So ladies, do you have any good, safe in pregnancy cold remedies please? Symptoms are:- bunged up nose & head, achy throat, gums, head and eyes :(

Any help will be so greatly appreciated! Thank you x

Well when I had cold I used

Karvol decongestant drops on a tissue

Paracetamol mw said just take 2 every 4 hours n build it up in ur system

Hot lemonade, I put lemonade in a cup n in microwave

Hot bowl of water with my head over it

That's about it, ho and rasperry leaf tea if u r going to drink it anyway is actually really good as it's full of vits, n if good for fevers etc x x

Hope that helps

Lemon and ginger tea with a spoonful of honey.
Paracetamol.
Olbas oil on a tissue and stick a few drops in a bowl with boiling water and stick a towel over your head.

Miserable not to be able to take anything proper :eek:(

Hope you feel better. x

Babymomma, I've been meaning to ask

Have u made ur mind up how u r going to labor? Vbac or section

I told Hozzy today I'm going for vbac but shitting my self now thinking av I made right choice x x x

Just being nosey x

i had a cold a little while ago and it lasted ages cos couldnt take anything. like the others said i just used olbas oil, hot lemon water(or honey) and paracetamol.

hope you feel better soon. xxx

Aww ladies thanks!! You are lifesavers! I will defo try out the stuff y'all have listed.

I told Hozzy today I'm going for vbac but shitting my self now thinking av I made right choice x x x

Just being nosey x

Oh flip nadine, I really truly don't know what I'm gona do tbh. I think vbac, the change to c-section, then do a complete turn-a-round! I too am shitting it!

I sort of get the impression that the MWs are pushing vbac but aren't really armed with all of the facts or know what research, if any, has been done on it.

I watched OBEM on 4oD the other night and a lady on it was giving birth vaginally to her 5th child after having had 2 previous c-sections out of her 4 previous births, and I was like, wow it must be alright...but then I went to my 1st antenatal class on Wednesday night and when I asked about vbac, the MW just fobbed me off, so again I've lost confidence in vbac and am thinking c-section again :(

I'm thinking that I'm gona ask at my next appointment what success rates of vbac they have had at the hospital I'm attending and what extra training/support have the MWs had on the topic and then try and make up my mind then.

TBH chick, I just wish that the decision was taken out of my hands. Its really getting to me now as I'm sure it is you getting to you too. x

Last edited:

Just being nosey x

Oh flip nadine, I really truly don't know what I'm gona do tbh. I think vbac, the change to c-section, then do a complete turn-a-round! I too am shitting it!

I sort of get the impression that the MWs are pushing vbac but aren't really armed with all of the facts or know what research, if any, has been done on it.

I watched OBEM on 4oD the other night and a lady on it was giving birth vaginally to her 5th child after having had 2 previous c-sections out of her 4 previous births, and I was like, wow it must be alright...but then I went to my 1st antenatal class on Wednesday night and when I asked about vbac, the MW just fobbed me off, so again I've lost confidence in vbac and am thinking c-section again :(

I'm thinking that I'm gona ask at my next appointment what success rates of vbac they have had at the hospital I'm attending and what extra training/support have the MWs had on the topic and then try and make up my mind then.

TBH chick, I just wish that the decision was taken out of my hands. Its really getting to me now as I'm sure it is you getting to you too. x

That was me to a T hun n in end only main reason I'm going for vbac is so if all goes well I can be home that night to my son with baby,

I hate hospital b the thought if avin to stay in drives me mad soooo I'm going to take my chances n just hope I dint end up avin a emergency section after all this x

Like u it would if been easier isms I didn't av to decide,

When r u due? In due in 3 weeks U will av to keep ur eyes peeled for labor watch fingers crossed in a few weeks n see how I go x

Sorry for crap spelling it's auto correct on I phone x

I'm due 26th July! I will certainly be watching out for your labour thread hun x

The things that appeal to me about vbac are the exact same as yours. No major abs surgery, get home quicker & faster recovery & getting back to my DS too as his gran on his dad's side is taking him on hols with her on 31st July. But it'll probably be hit & miss with the due date :lol:

Aww I hope it all goes smoothly for you hun. I'll be soooooo rooting for ya :hug: x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back