Any experts on SMP or MA?

Urchin

Reaction score
My questions are kinda complicated, I only work 1 day a week and I don't know if it's worth my while increasing hours and putting Brody into nursery to make me entitled to SMP from work (I'm not entitled to at the moment) or to just carry on like this and get about £40 a week maternity allowance. If I increase my hours my tax credits will go down obviously, how do you work out the best way to do it??

i would work for as long as you can, then go on the lower benifit untill baby comes.. then when it comes u will get more tax credits...so if you can possibly finsih work as late as possible.. and take more time off after bubs is born.. then u will be a lot better off?

Im pretty sure if you went into the jobcentre they would work things out for you and tell you what your best option is?

They did this with my friend when she wanted to go back to work & told her exactly what she would get under each circumstance.

the job centre here is a waste of space. u ask them anything they give u a phone number to ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back