finances on maternity leave

thanks for all the replies girls....
unfortunately we have a 5 year fixed term mortgage which is up for renewal in november (super timing!) because of current interest rates our outgoings are now likely to soar....
we actually have an appt to discuss this on saturday with the bank so hoping we can get something sorted. the worse case scenario of course is that i go back to work after 6weeks... unfortunately i hate my job and would rather not go back at all but i guess its not worth getting in debt/ repossessed over. we have a car with hp so we are saving to pay that off before i go on mat leave- that will help but may only cover the rise in mortgage repayments if we cant take a break or the payments are much higher...
will have to see what can be done, unfortunately saving to pay off the hp and saving to possibly pay another mortgage fee so that we can keep fixed rate is going to mean we can save extra for when im off...
never mind such is life- i dont think work will let me back part time either...

one new question i get a housing and car allowance- does anyone know if im still entitled to housing allowance?? after all i still have to live somewhere- tho i presume i dont still get car allowance seeing as i wont be driving to work :rotfl:

As they are company perks it would be according to company policy whether or not you still get housing and car allowance - ask at work. Fingers crossed you will! :pray:

thanx for that reply- unfortunately its answered my question tho and it will definately be a no!! :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back