• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

any advice?

sam96031

Reaction score
i need some advice on getting emma to sleep at the mo she gets in to her pjs and has a bottle then we cuddle her until she sleeps then put her down, the problem is as soon as weve put her down she wakes up and we then have to cuddle her until she goes to sleep and then the whole thing starts all over again iv tried control crying sometimes it works but the majority of the time she cries too much and iv just got to go up, its just so annoying as we tend to have to wait till shes in bed to have tea (dinner) together and she quite often ruins it by waking up. any advice would be greatfully accepted :hug:

i used to have this problem with christopher as u know but i did the control crying and when he cried so much that i had to go in i just picked him up without speaking then once he had calmed down put him back down gently..his grandad also gave us a classic fm cd for babies called "easy down time" it is played from the moment he goes to bed until he is a sleep and i must say it really calms him down.

it also proven good for the part of the brain that deals with numbers - so it helps them develope great mathematical skills later in life.

another thing i have done for along time is to put christopher in his cot awake whicjh is where im off in a mo. this is his routine

6pm - tea and bottle.

7pm - up to his room awake. put in his cot with his cd on

8pm - hes fast asleep - sometimes whimpers for dummy but never re-wakes fully. then sleeps through until 8am.

but we also wait for our dinner until he is in bed as its more relaxed than trying to eat with a tired winging baba

i tink ur best bet is to keep with the control crying but dont bring her back down and cuddle her until she falls asleep - just calm her down in her room in the dark, no stimulation. its hard at first with the control crying but it will work it did for us in the end. he even goes up to his cot in the day for naps and again no problems there he kind of lets me know he wants to go to bed - i get a certain winging that stops asoon as he is in his cot.

hope this long ramble helps :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i tried and didnt work :cry: how long should i let her cry for?

well tonight i had christopher asleep for 7.40 record breaker!!!
what i used to do with christopher when he was very unsettled before we got in to this routine was to pick him up when he was crying uncontrollably calm him down in his room in the dark then lie him back down on his side and gently rub his back or his head so that he would calm and relax enough to drift off yet he would know that i was still there by me rubbing his back or head. this still works now when he is unsettled with teething

OH OH OH WE HAVE TWO TOOTHY PEGS NOW :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

try that it always works with him, just that little bit of gentle stimulation so they know u are there but never talk/sing just sit there in silence
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i pick her up and she stops i put her down and she starts again, even if im rubbing her back we also still try the protectore hold that they taught us in SCBU but she just wont settle, even if i lie on the bed next to her for her to know im there she wont settle its just so frustrating :cry:

does she cry every time she is on her back ? or just at bed time ?

just when its bedtime, but shes the same at nap time 2 she doesnt liek sleeping i dont think, i wait till she is tired and then take her up. i try putting her on her side and back obviously not her belly so frustrating. ill try again tomorrow but im not holding my breath :lol:

hhmmmm......not sure what to do then. christopher goes up when he lets me know he is ready for bed i can always tell :D then we have a cuddle he gets put down in his cot, has a drink of water, teeth brushed a bit of a crawl around cot and a giggle and half an hour later he is fast off. its the same with day time naps he lets me know hes ready for a nap and so off he goes.

may be u need to tire her out a bit more - as u know christopher crwals around all day so he wares him self out by 6om :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

try getting out more in the pram - i know its hard in bloody rain :doh:
but fresh air is a very good way to get them nice and tired :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

well if that doesnt work knock her out with a dose of medised - she will soon be off to sleep then :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back