Any Advice?

amylou86

Reaction score
im definately gonna start doing a bed time routine with lola tonight.has anybody got any advice?or any do's and dont's! Thanks. Oh and how long should i let her cry for if she wakes up when i put her to bed?iv just given her a bath at 8.then bed at 9.30.im so nervous about leaving her crying :(

Hiya :wave:
I would start putting her to bed at 9 then get earlier as she gets used to the routine...
i would start 8pm a bath then dim the lights to get her ready for bed then give her a bottle then in the cot.

If you do controlled crying.. keep going bck into her every 2mins then gradually (sp) make the time longer and longer

Hope this all makes sense :) :hug:

hiya :wave:

This is what I do..

7o clock - bathtime

7.15.. as I get JT ready OH goes and warms bottle up.

put him in his room to feed him, lights off no sound. Cos we do it like that normally he's asleep when I put him down. If not I just pop him in his cot and leave nightlight on. We usually put some music on cos he seems to settle with that

All those times are approximate though. Can be as late as 8pm by time he's in bed and I dont always bath him. :hug:

She is really breaking her heart. Should i just keep going in t put her dummy in?i cant bear hearing her cry like this! I feel like such a bad mum

i kno EXACTLY how u feel! :hug: :hug:
its horrible listening to ur little girl cry isnt it! i made a couple of posts in "routines and family life" section about this, the girls were very helpful there if u wanna read.
but yes, keep putting her dummy in, try to be strong and not pick her up or talk to her etc. but i kno thats hard i cant even do it i make my boyf do it.
good luck :hug:

Just read this, so a bit late for advice - but you are doing the right thing just putting dummy back and not picking her up! How did the night go?
By the way, Trixi, how is the night routine going, hun? Is it getting better?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

Thanks 4ur replies. Well the first night she went sleep for half an hour,then woke n was crying for an hour :( it was so sad to listen to! Im a single parent too and i think its a bit worse that iv got no one here to reassure me.but...its the 2nd night and iv done the same.bath at 8 bed at 9.she been crying on n off for ten.not heard her now for 5 :) hope she stays asleep! After she fell a sleep last night she woke at 6this mornin,had a bottle then went back to sleep til ten thirty!she's so lazy! X

mamichuli said:
By the way, Trixi, how is the night routine going, hun? Is it getting better?
a little bit. the routines always been fine really (the actual going to bed) but she is still waking later in the evenings and in the middle of the nite. im finding the controlled crying so so difficult. i hav to make my boyf go in to her coz i cant go in and not pick her up!

(amylou86: sorry to hijack ur thread! hope 2nite goes well for u :hug: )

It is so hard getting into routine and you o feel mean, but having them in bed and sleeping and having time to yourself ia a godsend.

Imogen was very difficult to settle and it took good couple of weeks, but heres what we do now.

Bath time every couple of nights starts at 7, then get her out and get her dressed and settled and put her in bouncer till 8ish then take her into our room no lights on, feed her and settle he down in bed and sht door and walk out and shes fine now as long as she has her dummy and her eyore to cuddle.

It is hard so iwant to wish you good luck! My evenings are child free now and i spend them with my husband and there lovely!!!

Whats controlled crying? She went bed last night at 9 and woke again at 1am then 8am for a bottle! How do i get her to sleep right through?

amylou86 said:
Whats controlled crying?
its a technique to get babies to sleep through, it involves leaving them crying for 5 minutes, then 10 minutes, then 20- you can go in and stroke their tummy but no eye contact, talking or picking them up! its heartbreaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back