Any advice gratefully received!!

The Blonde One

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself......I'm already a mother of a 12 year old however...my previous pregnancy was such a long time ago I can barely remember anything about!!!

I am 30 years old and got married last year to a great lad who has adopted my son. We are going to try for another baby at the end of August, well I'll be coming off my pill then (after our hol) and just wanted to make sure that I do everything to ensure I have as healthy a pregnancy as possible, if and when I fall. I've sort of got my head around the ovulation thing, just need to work out my cycle etc but please can you add anything to the list of do's and dont's below:

Cut out alcohol, red meat and low fat dairy stuff
Up fruit, veggie, nut, seed and full fat dairy intake (have i got the dairy the right way round!)
Exercise more.....real exercise
Take folic acid and vitamins
Buy pre-seed

My mind has gone blank!! I am very nervous about trying again due to the fact that I had a horrendous birth and nearly lost my son so I want to try and do everything right this time, obviously at 17 I wasn't planning a baby I learnt very young that antibiotics don't compliment the pill Anyway, I've got a gorgeous, well mannered son who is desperate for a brother or sister so I hope you lot can help me out with the planning of it all. Thanks everyone :wave:

I really just went with the flow when we concieved our LO, so I dont really have any advice other than to relax alot and let nature take its course. I just replied really to say good luck, I hope you get everything you wish for xx

Sounds to me you've got mostly covered :D the only other thing I can think of is avoiding liver including pate and any other liver products as too much of the vitamin in liver is bad for baby (can't remember off the top of my head what that vitamin is!)

Good luck, hope you get your BFP soon and have a healthy pregnancy :hug:

Hiya everyone, hopefully should be straight forward :pray: but no harm in giving myself the best possible start!!

Mrs Metal - Liver????? Yuk!!! :puke: No chance I will be going anywhere near that stuff, can't believe that I am actually ttc, after spending a fair few years as a single parent I thought that it was just going to be me and my boy and tbh i was quite happy with it being that way.......funny the way your priorities change :D

Good luck to everyone else :hug:

Relaxation is the best advice good luck hun, hope u dnt have to wait long :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back