Anxiety- sorry abit long..

Emilyandbump

Reaction score
I used to suffer with really bad anxiety. It started when i was pregnant with my little girl 4 years ago, and developed into health anxiety after she was born (i think it might've been post natal depression aswell) I was awful, i'd be checking my legs 3 times a day, paranoid i might have a blood clot. I'd walk around with hand sanitiser on me in fear of catching meningitis! It wasn't a nice time at all.

Anyway it all came to a head when my daughter was 17 months old, i left my partner as i wasn't happy (another story) and went to live with my mum. I didn't realise at the time, but i sort of had a breakdown. Drinking constantly when the kids were with their dad etc.

Anyway over time i got better. And didn't fear anything. I even could go Alton towers and go on rollercoasters! (big deal for me, my anxiety always held me back big time!)

I'd learned to be independent living on my own (i was 17 when i moved in with my ex, so he did everything, 22 when i moved out)

Now i'm with a lovely different partner who treats me like a princess, live in a nice house, and i'm happy.

My problem is that the last couple of weeks, i'm feeling my anxiety creeping back! And i'm terrified. I don't ever want to be like how i was 4 years ago again.

Last night me and my OH had a headache, and i felt sick. Normally i'd think nothing of it, and go to sleep. But i was paranoid that there was a carbon monoxide leak in the house! Then i woke up loads last night cos my leg really hurt and was paranoid i was developing a blood clot! I'm praying its just a funny few days cos im abit more tired than usual.

I keep trying to remember who i am, and how i was at my "good" time. I know im feeling abit anxious about the impending birth, and new baby, but i dont want to lose it again!

Does anyone else suffer with anxiety? Thanks for reading xx

Sorry ur feelin this way hun.

Anxiety is normal in pg with things changing - it is a lot to cope with.

All I can suggest is you see your doctor/midwife and explain to them.

:hug:

i suffer anxiety, but not in terms of clots and stuff- why do u think it is medical stuff ur anxious about in particular? i worry about everything and anything, cor do pregnant women have a higher risk of clots or something?

if you think it is like it was before, talk to your GP. you need to monitor it so it doesnt get as bad as last time. i am doing cognitive behavioural therapy through the nhs at the moment as a way to try and change the way i deal with anxiety, it is early days yet so i cant tell u if it is any good or not!

I have suffered with anxiety and depression over the years - but things have been much better for me the last couple of years. Also did CBT which I found quite useful. I would definitely speak with your GP - try to nip it in the bud before things get too bad for you.
I guess pregnancy makes us even more conscious of our bodies and aches and pains than we would normally be, so perhaps this is why some of your medical anxiety is creeping back on you.
I have become a bit more conscious and concerned about hygiene and germs recently (something that caused me quite a lot of anxiety in the past) but am trying hard to keep a rational head. With the baby's arrival just around the corner I have started to worry about how I will keep her well and away from germs. I have found myself washing the baby clothes at least twice and then when some things fell on the floor (carpeted) whilst drying I had to wash them a third time. :(. Not good, since I know they are clean now! Luckily I have a very supportive husband who is trying to 'talk sense' into me and I know what he says is right. Is your OH able to maybe help you?
Perhaps give it a few days and if you are still feeling the anxiety creeping up, I really would pay a visit to the GP / midwife. Good luck. Xx

I do not have any personal experience to offer but it did make me wonder that you said you think you might have suffered some PND last time. There are so many hormonal changes in pregnancy and post pregnancy I wonder if there is a connection. You said in between pregnancies you felt you had overcome the feelings.? I would speak to someone as they might be able to control the hormonal changes to help you? xxxxx

I suffer from health anxiety in exactly the same way, makes me seem bonkers. Being a nurse doesn't help because I'm always linking up symptoms to things I've seen at work :( I take Dothiapine 75mg a day and it really helps, it took a while of taking them to see a difference, maybe a bout 1 month. The doctor also tried to give me a beta blocker but it made me breathless which is never good when you're anxious anyway.

Also google carbon monoxide poisining it might stop you panicking every time you get a headache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back