Antibodies E and Kpa anyone?

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Went to docs today has they wanted to see me about blood results.
I am now to take the iron tablets as aneamic slightly, but I can taken them evvery other or few days to not bung me up!

also have the antibodies Anti E which I had the last two times, but it was stronger last pregnancy, and Briony did need constant lamps for the jaundice and and blood thickness, anemia etc , so hope not higher this time.

Plus now I have another one called Anti KPa - anyone heard of this? Sounds like it does the same thing as the other one, just a diofferent type?
They think from my blood transfusions before D&C in march

She is writing to the consultant , and will leave it with them, seeing him on the 15th Sept anyway, and they will test the levels later on

Very strange

Errrr that's all a bit compicated. Lol I'm no help whatsoever! Sorry! Haha. X

Good honest answer , can't ask for more than that Lexi ! ha ha

Haven't heard of this b4 but had a quick look on google and although a lot is gobbledegook I think anti kpa comes from transfused blood and can cause hemolytic disease in baby,although rare and not serious can cause jaundice but is treatable. Hope that helps xxxx

Well hun I have the antibodies c and jka :lol: We're a right pair :rofl:

I've also had them from an transfusion :)

Well hun I have the antibodies c and jka :lol: We're a right pair :rofl:

I've also had them from an transfusion :)

What are we like! Did they test your levels this pregnancy yet Mamafy, any probs last time from this other than your preterm-ness at what that brings?

Yep they checked them at 9 weeks and 20 weeks. My bubs' always need phototherapthy when born due to these antibodies but apart from that all's ok xx

Yep they checked them at 9 weeks and 20 weeks. My bubs' always need phototherapthy when born due to these antibodies but apart from that all's ok xx

Great news, same as me then - From her hospital stay for 7 days, I only remember Briony up in Scbu or like this with me, from when she was born! (she looks well chubby in the pic, prob due to size of box, but she had dropped to 5lb 0 oz then

More cuddles def needed this time

Attachments

• Briony in hosp when born.jpg
    Briony in hosp when born.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Awww they never took Katie to scbu but she was blood tested as soon as she was born to check her bilirubin level and was in the incubator beside my bed under the light :love:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back