Antibiotics for a water infection

crystabell

Reaction score
Hi,

I just my results back from the urine sample and it showed I have a water infection. My midwife has said that she has made a prescription for antibiotics for me to take. I was just wondering if these will be safe to take and if they have any effect on the baby. I would have thought the midwife would have said if it posed a risk.

Have any of you had antibiotics for a water infection and if so did they have an effect on you or your baby? Any help would be great.

Crystal xx

I have just finished a course of antibiotics for a urine infection, I had them with my first and second pregnancy too. Everything has always been fine when I have take them. Hope that eases your mind :D

They'll be fine if the MW has prescribed then hun xxx

I had flucloxacillin for an infection - they got rid of it but they did make me feel dreadful - I was really sick - the doctor said I had a reaction to them, and will give me a different sort if I need them again.

I had a UTI when I was pregnant with Austin and had a course of antibiotics. UTIs are more serious when you're pregnent so it's safer to take the antibiotics than leave it untreated.

I've had two water infections and two courses of antibiotics since pregnant, and nearly had a third infection last week but thankfully it was negative! Some people are quite prone to them. Drink lots of cranberry juice and water every day to prevent another one. The antibiotics they give you won't harm the baby at all, they are usually obstetric recommended ones.

My niece who must be at least 30 weeks by now (she's due in November) went into hospital a week or so ago cos she was having contractions.
It turned out she had a urine infection that had gone undetected and that was the cause.
She's on antibiotics now and is fine again.
I never knew they could be so serious!

It's really common for us mums to be to have a urine infection or 2 during pregnancy.

I wouldn't worry about taking antibiotics. I was told by my midwife and doctor that amoxocillin (sp) was one of the safest ones to take, but like someone has already said they made me quite ill and I had the runs for 3 days. Hopefully if I need them again they will give me something different. xxx

dont worry hun, I had a UTI when I was pregnant and given antibiotics :D

i had an infection about 3 weeks ago. there fine to take dont worry :)

Hi,

I just my results back from the urine sample and it showed I have a water infection. My midwife has said that she has made a prescription for antibiotics for me to take. I was just wondering if these will be safe to take and if they have any effect on the baby. I would have thought the midwife would have said if it posed a risk.

Have any of you had antibiotics for a water infection and if so did they have an effect on you or your baby? Any help would be great.

Crystal xx

I have just finished a course of antibiotics for a urine infection, I had them with my first and second pregnancy too. Everything has always been fine when I have take them. Hope that eases your mind :D

They'll be fine if the MW has prescribed then hun xxx

I had flucloxacillin for an infection - they got rid of it but they did make me feel dreadful - I was really sick - the doctor said I had a reaction to them, and will give me a different sort if I need them again.

I had a UTI when I was pregnant with Austin and had a course of antibiotics. UTIs are more serious when you're pregnent so it's safer to take the antibiotics than leave it untreated.

I've had two water infections and two courses of antibiotics since pregnant, and nearly had a third infection last week but thankfully it was negative! Some people are quite prone to them. Drink lots of cranberry juice and water every day to prevent another one. The antibiotics they give you won't harm the baby at all, they are usually obstetric recommended ones.

My niece who must be at least 30 weeks by now (she's due in November) went into hospital a week or so ago cos she was having contractions.
It turned out she had a urine infection that had gone undetected and that was the cause.
She's on antibiotics now and is fine again.
I never knew they could be so serious!

It's really common for us mums to be to have a urine infection or 2 during pregnancy.

I wouldn't worry about taking antibiotics. I was told by my midwife and doctor that amoxocillin (sp) was one of the safest ones to take, but like someone has already said they made me quite ill and I had the runs for 3 days. Hopefully if I need them again they will give me something different. xxx

dont worry hun, I had a UTI when I was pregnant and given antibiotics :D

i had an infection about 3 weeks ago. there fine to take dont worry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back