Anti-wrinkles creams

Ginnymarie

Reaction score
hi I read somewhere you should avoid anti-wrinkle creams when pregnant which contain high levels of vitamin a.

I have been using the acclaimed No.7 Protect and Perfect which I think contains vitamin a all through my pregnancy. Anyone else heard this and surely but surely it would be well known not to use these products

Anti-aging products containing high doses of vitamin A — Too much vitamin A can cause birth defects in babies.

ok, I am panicing again as I always do but what does everyone else know or think about this statement.

Your thoughts would be welcome

From a very anxious mum to be xxx

I never knew this, though I had wondered about the amount of chemicals that go into all toiletries. Maybe ask your midwife?
The only anti wrinkle product I have is an eye cream, and I can never be bothered to put it on :lol: Let em get old and wrinkly :twisted:

hi sweetie,

i would ring up the boots customer care line and enquire about it, they should be able to tell you :)

xxxx

For Boots shops, shopping experiences and queries related to product purchased in a Boots shop but not Advantage Card queries:

UK customers phone 08450 70 80 90 (local rate)
UK Minicom users phone 0845 070 8091 (local rate)

Tilly tots

great info, has really put my mind at rest but i wont be using any more products, just in case

xx

thanks guys

just been watching a programme on C4 how toxic are your kids? That has put me off using loads of things!!

x x

hi I read somewhere you should avoid anti-wrinkle creams when pregnant which contain high levels of vitamin a.

I have been using the acclaimed No.7 Protect and Perfect which I think contains vitamin a all through my pregnancy. Anyone else heard this and surely but surely it would be well known not to use these products

Anti-aging products containing high doses of vitamin A — Too much vitamin A can cause birth defects in babies.

ok, I am panicing again as I always do but what does everyone else know or think about this statement.

Your thoughts would be welcome

From a very anxious mum to be xxx

I never knew this, though I had wondered about the amount of chemicals that go into all toiletries. Maybe ask your midwife?
The only anti wrinkle product I have is an eye cream, and I can never be bothered to put it on :lol: Let em get old and wrinkly :twisted:

hi sweetie,

i would ring up the boots customer care line and enquire about it, they should be able to tell you :)

xxxx

For Boots shops, shopping experiences and queries related to product purchased in a Boots shop but not Advantage Card queries:

UK customers phone 08450 70 80 90 (local rate)
UK Minicom users phone 0845 070 8091 (local rate)

Tilly tots

great info, has really put my mind at rest but i wont be using any more products, just in case

xx

thanks guys

just been watching a programme on C4 how toxic are your kids? That has put me off using loads of things!!

x x

oooh man

like what?

foods and drinks or products ?

it is very scary isn't it but i just hope our bodies are good and evolve to getting rid of toxins..x

It was about manmade chemicals in beauty products, cleaning products, household products like air fresheners etc. It studied a group of 10 families measuring the amount of chemicals in their homes and testing if these compunds are being stored in their children's bodies.

It concentrated on phthalates and parabens. Phthalates are found in clingfilm, plastic bags, moisturizers, shampoos and much else, but two types have already been banned from children’s products, and one has been banned from make-up. Parabens are preservatives, and many think there’s a question mark over the extensive use of both.

There are 30,000 chemicals licensed for use in the UK, and fewer than half have been tested for toxicity.

They tested the kids wee for chemicals and the girl exposed to the most chemicals managed to eradicate them from her body in 2 weeks by not using her make-up, changing shampoo, toothpaste etc.

It was really interesting although it didnt really explain what effects these chemicals could potentially have on our bodies although the C word was mentioned. I think what they were saying is they dont really know the effects they will have other than they are highly toxic and the studies show them to mutate eggs in animals and I think it was in some other female animal it was shown to cause them to grow a penis like stump :shock: Nice!

x

hiya

oh my lord, best not to think about it and switch to natural products as much as possible. Celebrities will be at risk as they ply themselves with hair sprays, make up all the time. I've stopped dying my hair and it looks better without the dye to be honest, I use Liz Earle facial stuff and did use number 7 but not anymore.
Worrying will do more harm than good but I'll try to be careful.
oooh by the way, I saw your bump ....it is fab....mine is not far off, I think we are going to be going into 2nd tri around same time
xx

lol told my hubby about this lastnight and he was like
"omg i wear anti-wrinkle cream"
i said hun are you the one carring the baby?
he thought somehow his anti-wrinkle cream can be passed onto me then in turn onto the baby
men :roll: :roll:
but yer that how toxic is your kids was interesting i watched last weeks one aswell with the women
bit of a shocker
manda xx

I recorded that programme after MIL was banging on about it. (Got to watch it cos she will probably question me on it later :lol: )
Gives me another excuse not to do the housework anyway :rotfl:

haha im ok there as my mil is a loonatick and dont watch tele just just chats me me about random stuff :roll:
but the show is good dint put me off using anything though
as the natural stuff although good for you costs an arm and a leg
manda xx

he he muppet mummy...true...
I still have all my last weeks washing hanging all over my house.
reall really last caring...my mother in law is the opposite....

shes totally toxic....there are issues with smoking and she is very unclean in tersm of she had two dogs and they keep pooping in house...but she brought up 3 boy and they are the healthiest boys ever she says and she smoke and drank through ALL her pregnancys
Still....mine are not going anywhere near her smoke,,,there will be rows

x

There are different creams. I would use Awaderm cream when I was pregnant, it’s safe because it’s based on natural ingredients.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back