Anterior placenta anyone??

kathryn87

Reaction score
Afternoon ladies!

Has anyone else got the above?? (i think that's what it's called)

It's where the placenta is at the front and bubs behind.

I wasn't getting any movement and this is why :eh: Anyways i'm getting them around the sides and at the bottom of my tummy (sometimes feels like she's kicking me in the :shock: area!)

Has anyone had any probs with their placenta being that way round???

xx

I have got this too, haven't had any problems, just didn't feel LO move until later than some others as the placenta was cushioning the blow! x

I have a posteria placenta, i think this may explain why i felt Beth moving at 16 weeks, my mum told me hers was at the back too lol.

Apparently depending on where your placenta lies contributes to where you will feel contractions, according to my OH

E.G. anteria placenta - Back aches
posteria - at the front

Last edited:
I had that! Didnt feel anything untill about 25 weeks but after that OMG id get sooo many kicks so dont worry they will come hehe xxx

I have an anterior placenta but I'm getting full blown kicks now - just felt them a little later than others

I had it with my second other than not feeling kicks so strong as early it made no difference. I laboured in my back with both tho but my first was back to back and my second was sideways until I was two min away from pushing so dont know if thats why

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

apparently i have this to but its well out the way and not too low down but ive felt flutters and kicks since 16 weeks and all sorts x

I found out I have an anterior placenta at my 20 week scan a few weeks ago. I've been feeling flutters since about 18 weeks + i felt the first little kick last week at 21 weeks! :) x

i'm getting alot of movement now :) I'm hoping i don't labour all in my back tho :( When in labour with katie she turned and was all in my back and i screamed the hospital down!!!!! I was fine until she turned around though :(

I have that too and I didn't feel the baby yet. Hopefully though it will happen soon as it drives me crazy to not know if it's ok or not...

I also have anterior placenta but I think she said it was high up as iv been feeling flutters since 18 wks. My friend has had 4 children and with her 4th (wee girl after 3 boys yeh!) she had an anterior placenta and just saids movement felt more muffled. This is my first pregnancy so I don't have anything to compare it to lol!!
As far as I understand it's nothing to worry about just might mean movement less noticeable as a lot of the Girlies have said. :) xxxx

I had an anterior placenta and I had to have another scan at 34 weeks, at 20 weeks the placenta was 1 cm away from the cervix, now it is about 6 - 7 cm's away so all is good.

You will probably find as your uterus stretches it will move as well :) xx

I have this an just didn't feel kicks til late on. I don't think it causes any trouble xx

I got told at my 12 week scan that I have this too, and probably won't feel anything until 23 weeks. Was going to google it this weekend to see what problems it could cause/how unusual etc but after seeing this I feel a bit better!

I have a posteria placenta, i think this may explain why i felt Beth moving at 16 weeks, my mum told me hers was at the back too lol.

Apparently depending on where your placenta lies contributes to where you will feel contractions, according to my OH

E.G. anteria placenta - Back aches
posteria - at the front

I've not heard that before, but it makes sense as I had an anterior placenta last time and all the pains were in my back, so hoping it will be better this time as have posterior placenta :D thanks for the info hun :) x x

I didn't feel movements last time until 22+3 and had anterior placenta. This time I first felt LO between 18 - 19 weeks and have posterior placenta. Don't think it affects anything else though, but did labour in my back. I think have any low placenta can be either posterior or anterior x x

I apparently have an anterior placenta....I have yet to feel any movements!! We're not alone :) x

I have the same but felt movements about 21 weeks that were definate and now there's no stopping it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back