antenatal

Merfairy

Reaction score
Hey, do people advise antenatal classes or no? I am not overly keen in going to antenatal classes, but I wonder if they are worth it?

Anyone? :)

xx

I went to my first one last week, and have one tonight.
For me I've found them useful, very informative, was half expecting it to be like you see on the tv teaching you how to breathe and wasn't looking forward to it, but it was nothing like that, infact, even my other half quite enjoyed it :)

But I know people who have found them completely useless, guess it depends on how much info you already have and stuff!

Sorry for the ramble, probably not very helpful! lol
xx

We are going in a few weeks, Ive heard mixed reviews really...they do it as a full day at our hospital so if its crap we'll just go home at lunchtime hehe x

I've just booked mine today. We start on 9th May and go every Monday for 3 weeks. If they are crap we'll only go to the first one. I've left it a bit late I think and will be 38 weeks by the time they finish!

Just come back from a horrible one today, all about induction and caesarians and what can go wrong. Wish I'd missed that one! I've also been to a Social Baby one and a Labour and Birth one and they were both good. Got the Feeding one next week which I also think will be good. Why not give them a go? Have to say like, I knew more from this forum than we got taught today, and I'm sure she told us some stuff that I know to be wrong from here!

I had a 6 hour antenatal class, so it basicly covered everything in one session. Good place to meet pregnant woman around your area and at the number of weeks that you are. I'm not very social so didn't really talk much to anyone though! I found the infomation helpful and don't regret going! xx

I haven't gone, but if you fancy it, go, you haven't got anything to lose really.

x

I booked mine the other week, opted for the full day on a Saturday coz of OH only being home on weekends and he wants to come... But I'm gonna be nearly 38 weeks, dreading a full day in a hospital!!! I wanna go just coz I'm intrigued and I know people say u will just know what to do when baby comes which I'm sure I will but I just wanna feel a bit more prepared than what I do now! Do whatever u feel is best for u xxxx

I didn't go to mine. Didn't feel I would learn much tbh x

I haven't been to any classes. They were all in the daytime and I wanted my OH to come with me. I don't think I will regret not going to any. xx

Never got told about them.. and didn't go with my first either. X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back