Another worry lol

jazzmum2be

Reaction score
All I seem to be posting atm is what wrong with me posts :lol:
But anyway...
I woke up this morning and stretched out my leg, I must of stretched it out too quick as i was in agony for about 5 minutes, it felt like id stretched the mussle too quickly, but i was moving my foot and ankle and after a bit the pain went.
All day when I walk I can feel the back of my leg really hurts.
Iv just looked at it and its swollen up quite a bit.
Should I leave it for a few days and see if it goes down or should I call my midwife/docter?
Sorry Im miss panick atm :lol:

I wouldn't worry too much, sounds like nasty cramp it happends to me a lot and my calf is sore for a few days but it will go, but if your worried then ask your midwife, thats what they are there for. :hug: I know how much it hurts.

Oooh ouch! It certainly does sound like cramp! I'd never had cramp in my life until I was pregnant last time, and it blinkin hurts a lot! This time I've had it in my calves and in my toes. The other night I had it so bad in my toes I was actually crippled and screaming in agony on the floor.
If you get it again, get barefoot quickly and go and stand (as hard as it is!) on a cold floor (even if it's in the back garden or something), this is supposed to help.
Also, you may need more calcium in your diet possibly?
Have a hug! :hug:

Thanks guys :hug: :hug:
Ok now Im gonna sound a bit thick...whats calcium?
Isnt it milk and dairy products and stuff?

Yeah - basically try and drink more milk (I struggle with this - :puke: ) or yoghurts or something (I also struggle with that!).
I just try to eat a bowl of cereal, then I'm not having milk on it's own, as I don't particularly like it. But yeah, more milk should help (according to my pregnancy-fountain-of-knowledge-sister!). x

Cramps are very common in pregnancy, I used to get them alot.

They best way to avoid them is when you stretch, stretch more slowly....... or not at all if you can help it :lol:

I had it so bad once I was in agony for at least 5 or so mins, felt like a lifetime and it was in my foot :| .

When you are experiencing one the best thing you can do is relax (er yer really hard :lol: ) and I found rubbing the area and breathing through my nose and mouth made it move quicker (not sure why?)

But yeah expext more im affraid.

The worst was when me and OH where at it and I got cramp just below my bum cheek in a rather awkward position :rotfl: I didn't laugh at the time :lol:

It's cramp, i suffered with them really badly when i was at your stage, they went by the time i was about 35 weeks, and never had them since.

I also never found anything to really prevent them but i've heard tonic water is good

I only get cramps in my legs when I'm pregnant! I've had it twice this week already! Always when i'm fast asleep and I wake up in agony!

potassium is meant to prevent cramp as well, so maybe glass of milk with a banana! Hope your leg is feeling better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back