• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Another Q-is this normal??

Little Bump

Reaction score
I've been getting braxton hicks all afternoon, quite sharp and they've been taking my breath away a bit tbh.

Now I have an awful pressure, a bit like poo pressure iykwim :?

I don't need to go though...

Anyone else have this? I assume it's normal? please tell me it is so I can reassure the OH who keeps going on about filling the car with petrol and is moaning about my hospital bag!

I've not had strong braxton hicks so can't really comment but the pressure may be baby starting to engage. Is this your first? They can engage a few weeks before birth in a first pregnancy and you start walking like a cowboy cos baby is so low!

Or your LO could just be having a good old stretch in there - my oldest used to get her foot inside my ribs which was very uncomfortable. If you have a lie down or a bath the baby may move which my ease the pressure.

Don't think you're imminent, but I'm willing to be proven wrong!

Hey :wave:

Didnt you lose your plug earlier hun?

I would recommend you try to time the BH's and see if there is any form of pattern....also have a nice bath and see if the BH's subside.

I would also put a call into the local maternity ward/midwife today hun, especially if the BH's are not eased by the bath considering the plug too.....

I also get very strong BH's like period pain on and off (eased by the bath) and also have lost my plug but I would recommend if the pains dont ease off in the next 45 mins especially as you have just lost your plug in the last 24 hours to put in a call just to be on the safe side.

Please let us know how you get on hun and I hope you feel better soon. :hug: :hug: :hug:

C xxx

Just re-read your earlier post about plug/discharge hun.

Considering you had backache all last night and then the discharge/plug thing, and now this I would def put a call into middy/maternity ward today. Even if it's not plug it could be an infection causing the BH's and last nights discharge.....I had all sorts of funny pains when LO decided to start engaging last week too including pressure in my butt and lady bitts so as Mummy Jess said it could also be this. No harm in making one phonecall though, just to check......

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back