What is this about?

Tineke

Reaction score
Is it normal to have Braxton Hicks contractions every hour or half hour?

This has been ahppening for most all afternoon and now it is night time and I am about to go to sleep. I still have 6 weeks left until my due date, have you heard of this before?

I have been getting BH since 20 weeks and get them everyday anyway, but these are very close now.

thanks guys!

Tineke

Hiya Tineke

Well they say if you have any more than Four an hour that you should consult your midwife, but Ill be honest I never did because quite often I would be the same as you and get them really regular and sometimes 10 mins apart for a fair amount of time but nothing happens afterwards. Certainly had more than four and hour and from early in my pregnancy too.

If you are worried though, give your midwife a ring :0)

Ragna xxxx

Blimey :?

I didn't know that you were supposed to consult your midwife if you have more than 4 Braxton Hicks an hour. I had them pretty much all day on Saturday :shock:
I'm seeing the midwife today so maybe I'll mention it :?

Bubble

Im the same, I have days where I seem to have them all day but I havnt bothered to let the midwife know cos they havnt stopped me in my tracks quite yet. They always seem worse at night, cos many a time Ive gone to bed wondering whether tonight would be the night, but alas im always here in the morning !!

A friend of a friend though, was having them for days and days and just put it down to strong Braxton hick, she had had some backache too. (it was her third) She was about four days from her due date, went to the Bathroom and there was the head on his way out !!! She ended up delivering on the Bathroom floor a healthy 9lb 14oz baby boy (and shes a little dot herself) This was in July, and she went over to her hospital to get baby checked and was home within the hour !!!!

Wow !! how amazing was that !!!

Ragna xxxx

Im now having panic attacks each time I go to the Loo !!!!! hee hee

My Braxton Hicks still arn't painful. They are uncomfortable but mainly because they just make my tummy feel so tight it might split!!

I don't think there is any fear of Bubble falling out when I go to the loo!!!

He's far to comfy by the look of it!!

Might ask the Midwife for a sweep today but the thought terrifies me!!

A couple of weeks ago I was getting them every 5 minutes, they were quite uncomfortable. I didn't call the midwife and after a few hours they subsided. I had been taking a lot of RL tea (2 cups and 4 capsules a day) so cut down to 1 cup a day and although I've still been getting them, they haven't been as regular as every 5 mins!!

I get alot of BH and quite often too. LikeRagna I get them worse in the evenings. I always wait to see if they carry on for longer than an hour if I get more than 4 and hour....if I called midwife each time I had more than 4 an hour I'd be on the phone to her most days.

My midwife said try going for a wee more frequently (don't hold onto it for any longer than you need to) and see if that helps to stop/reduce the BH - sometimes a full bladder can set off a slightly irritable uterus.

Hope that re-assures you a bit. x

Definately consult your midwife if you're ever concerned. I had BH's quite frequently toward the end and as I went past my due date. They were down right painful sometimes. I was constantly thinking, "this might be it!!!" Nope...had to be induced at 10 days past due. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back