Another Baby?

tiggerstacy

Reaction score
Hi,

I haven't been on here for ages, before I had my baby. She is now 4.5 months old and I am just wondering when is a good time to have another one? I think I would go for it now but I don't think hubby would like such a short age difference, so what do people think is a good age gape to have between children?

well my dp would absolutely love for us to have another straight away but i am thinking maybe when he is a year old then he will be more mobile, its totally upto you, when you feel ready, go for it!
my others ages are...19, 16 and 13 and i think that is a good gap.

I'm not the most maternal person you'll find... my OH would like (if we have another) for it to be within the next 3 or 4 years. Me personally, I wouldn't mind if we only had the one, but I certainly don't want them close enough to both be in nappies or to have a double pushchair. Noooooooooooooo way hosay :talkhand:

were gonna start trying wen were married so wen my son is 4 1/2 :D

Hi,

I always wanted kids close together. Me and my sis have 15 months between us and are really close).

But i had such a bad pregnancy and labour and we have only just got our own place.

Anyway i am really wanting anothe one now. My son is 8 1/2 months and i really don't want to wait much longer. But i am worried about how we will cope.

Will a new baby, financially, the strain on our relationship and could i cope with 2 children, and would it be fair on Alfie.

So i don't know but if you want one now, go for it!

Laura & Alfie
xxx

We will have a look at how our financial situation is in about 3 years as to whether we will have another. 3/4 years is a good age gap tbh because the older one is at school so you have the day to bond with the new addition alone and to just sit on the sofa and boob feed all day if need be... plus at 3/4 they are more able to help out with fetching and carrying things :)

I have 8 years between my first and second and its a good age in the sense that my eldest is really really helpful, plus can care for herself rather than still need mummy for everything... but in a way theres such a vast age difference that you realise that they will never play together as equals..and my eldest is more inclined to chat with us than the baby... but its still nice because shes like another mummy... :)

My OH wanted another straight away. I said we could try in the New year (Jan just gone), but I'm still not ready yet. We've decided to get married first, hopefully this year and try early next year.
He won't wait any longer than that!!

My youngest 2 have just under 14 months between them and I do think it was a bit too soon. Its really hard work for the 1st 6 months or so. I suppose my life's getting a bit easier now Nathan is 13 months but they are still very demanding. My sister 2 have 21 months between then and I know its not a massive difference but I do think its that much easier. For me I think a 2 year gap would of been better.

We conceived Caitlin really quickly, and I had a horrible pregnancy and birth so didn't want another for ages, but then I changed my mind when Caitlin was 18 months...we were ttc from then but had all sorts of problems, I didn't get pregnant until the month of Caitlin's 3rd birthday! I did want them to be close in age but the way it worked out is great because Caitlin is older she is like my little helper and can also occupy herself and doesn't need my full attention all day, she isn't jealous at all and completely adores her little sister! So I think we got a good age gap at the end of day xxxx

We wanted to TTC when our oldest was 3 but our situation changed so we ended up having a 4 year gap and I'm glad we waited.

Josh is settled at school and is old enough to understand that a new baby doesn't mean he's being pushed out.

Saying that, after all the trouble Ryan has put us through I think we'll be 35 before we have any more :lol:

leckershell said:
I'm not the most maternal person you'll find... my OH would like (if we have another) for it to be within the next 3 or 4 years. Me personally, I wouldn't mind if we only had the one, but I certainly don't want them close enough to both be in nappies or to have a double pushchair. Noooooooooooooo way hosay :talkhand:

:D made me laugh

theres 5 years between our and i find it hard enough with this gap.. cant imagine having 2 toddlers

there is 1year and 2 weeks between abigail and tia and 1 year and 2 weeks between tia and jordan and just under 16 months between jardan and hayden :D

Speak to Dionne lol! I asked this a while ago and the concensus was a 12-18 month gap was good, hard work but good. 18-24months then there were jealousy issues but easier in terms of the elder will be more mobile. 2-4 years then the elder tries to "help" by putting the baby over their shoulder or feeding it things plus jealousy issues. 4-5 years good as they are more understanding and in school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back