Amount of bottles

Bee7

Reaction score
FINALLY got Jack into the hang of his bath, bottle, bed routine and last night he slept from 9pm to 4:30am HALLELUJAH!

The thing is, with him sleeping longer at night he's obviously going without night time feeds. I've been giving him 7oz bottles every three hours during the day and this seems to see him through the night. Over 24 hours he usually has 6 bottles. But because of how he's sleeping i'm only going to have time to give him 5 bottles in 24 hours instead of his usual 6. Does this matter? I thought ah well its only one bottle but for a baby i'm now thinking that a full 180ml less of milk is going to seem quite a lot.

How can i get round this? Should i just put his bedtime back 3 hours later or could i maybe give him bigger feeds throughout the day? Hope this makes sense xx

Offer him an extra ozat each day feed and see if he takes it. If they have enough during the day they shouldnt need the night feed (ofc depending of LO age can't see how old your LO is)

I think it's fine, the suggested amount on the tin is only a guideline. If he wanted more he'd let you know x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back