Amnio

Moomum

Reaction score
Had an amnio yesterday and it was not pleasant :( Very sore today, but at least it's all over. Have to wait a couple of weeks for the results now.

Keep your fingers crossed for us :pray:

Best of luck babes. I've got everything crossed for you. 2 weeks seems like such a long wait.

I have my spina bifida (sp) blood tests of Tuesday. Not looking forward to the wait from that either. xxx

The wait is worse than the tests themselves isn't it :roll:

Best of luck with yours :hug:

I had an amnio too and I agree that it's not pleasant. I had a MW helping theConsulant and she pulled the syringe too hard and it came out, then second time pulled it so that it filled with air so it was third time lucky! I got a call from the hospital the next day with good news, so I hope you get good news too and that you don't have to wait too long x

Moomum said:
Had an amnio yesterday and it was not pleasant :( Very sore today, but at least it's all over. Have to wait a couple of weeks for the results now.

Keep your fingers crossed for us :pray:

hope all is well moomum :hug:

weenik said:
I had an amnio too and I agree that it's not pleasant. I had a MW helping theConsulant and she pulled the syringe too hard and it came out, then second time pulled it so that it filled with air so it was third time lucky! I got a call from the hospital the next day with good news, so I hope you get good news too and that you don't have to wait too long x

My first amnio (7 years ago) was wonderful - well, as wonderful as these things can be lol, but this time the Professor was quite brutal with his stabbing action and wiggled the needle quite a bit which has left me very sore :( I feel very bruised in my tummy area, but no discomfort in the all important womb area :lol:

I hope this doesn't scare any potential amnio patients. It's really not that bad - cross my heart :wink:

Hello everyone, I'm 40 and this is my first pregnancy, my week 15. I had a test for down syndrom and here are the results

Nuchal measurement 2.7mm: 1.81 MoM
Free b-hCG level 33.2 ng/ml: 0.86 MoM
PAPP-A level 2020 miu/L: 0.77 MoM

They put me on 'Screen positive', risk 1 in 50. As they explained, nuchal measurement is a bit higher but not bad, free b-hCG is ok, Papp-A is a little bit lower. So they think it is mainly due to my age.

They suggested to have amnio, but I don't want it because of the risk... Has anybody have similar results?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back