Am I the only useless one?

Happybunny

Reaction score
Evening all!

I went shopping after work today, we usually get it delivered, but all the slots are fully booked because it is Christmas and everyone is panic buying as if the world is going to end!! :roll:

So anyway, I went and got a week's groceries, however, during the 45 minute trek around the shop I was getting really tired. The trolley felt really heavy and my legs and back were hurting. In the end I had to find a chair and sit down.

I have left all the shopping in the car for OH to get out when he comes home, because I was soooo tired after shopping!!

Am I the only one who has suddenly become a weak and feable woman? Gah!

p.s. had a rescan this morning because baby was not in good position for an assessment on their kidneys. All was good and I think I may be having a boy. The sonographer kept referrring to it as 'he' and then she was looking between it's legs and said 'Oh, do you know what you're having?' When we said we didn't, she started suddenly referring to it as 'it'. I think I may have caught a glimpse of a little 'willy' too, although I couldn't swear. OH thinks I imagined it, but I just think he is unobservant and misses all the subtle nuances of any conversation!! :rotfl:

awww hunny u aint useless - just pregnant!!!! enjoy your other half running around after you!! :wink:

:cheer:

I agree with Miss G - you are pregnant - use that as an excuse - i do all the time!

As for being weak and feeble - i get my DH to unload the car of the shopping so i think it is perfectly reasonable!

I've been feeling really tired recently and finding things are much more of an effort than usual.
I normally love xmas but just finding it annoying this year, it means there's loads more to do than usual when all I want to do is sleep!

I did the same on Sunday. I went to Tesco with my little girl and left my two men at home cleaning :) I don't think I had quite realised how heavy the trolley would be full with Caitsy in it too and it was real hard work...

I rang him when i was on my way home to say how tired I felt and he got it all out of the car and put it away while i put my feet up :)

I've got a cold too and it doesnt seem to be going - I feel so weak :(

Me too, getting tired really easy atm. The past week or so, when I have sat down on an afternoon I have actually fallen asleep, not intentionally but just drift off.

I always get my oh to come shopping with me now and he unloads the car as i dont want to do the lifting.

Definitely not just you! I got just 3 bags of shopping yesterday (2 of which were Christmas-related and one of which was pointless pink stuff for Connieeeeeeeeeeee) and I've woken up and my arms are REALLY ACHING!!!!!!! :shock:

Xmas shopping by myself left me sitting on the floor in Wilkinsons surrounded by bags.
Bet i looked a sight.
I'm not used to shopping alone!

I am the same - I have to carry things in stages up to my flat otherwise I struggle.

When I went xmas shopping I had to take trips back to the car to put shopping in then return to the shops

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back