am i the only person still to buy anything...

mum2A&L

Reaction score
ok, so ive got bits and bobs from alice, and i don't plan to buy a pram till he is here as we can't decide if we need a double or not. Im going to use a sling instead. then if alice is happy not to have her buggy when we go out we will just get Lewis a buggy. A massive pram is not going to be pratical at the moment.

Ive got some cream bits and bobs from alice which i need to get down from the loft, and we have her old mosie basket in my mums loft as well, but apart from that we have nothing!!

Tell a lie, we where in tescos the other day and we got a couple of blue t-shirts and a pair of blue booties. the poor sod is going to have cold legs at this rate!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

We where planning to get it all done after xmas, hopefuly save some money in the sales, but im starting to worry now. Still so much to think off and so little time!! Plus ive got to pack my bag sooner rather than later (learnt from paniced weekends where they wanted to 'cut me open' then that i need to be prepared for anything :roll: ).

can anyone direct me towards a good bag list - ive checked and the one i saved last time isn't on my laptop anymore, and i don't want to forget basics...

Please don't tell me im the only one to be so unprepared!!

No hun, I'm about as unprepared as you! I have bought nipple shields and am knitting a jumper and that's it! Maybe I'm in denial! We've got all of Elliott's things somewhere too and I'm going with the sling until we work out what to do too. Someone is lending us a basket but I figure I'll do a list after Xmas and if he or she turns up in the meantime we'll just do a raid on Tescos and Mothercare!
+++

Rosebay said:
if he or she turns up in the meantime we'll just do a raid on Tescos and Mothercare!
+++

see thats what im thinking. We spent sooo much last time and we really didn't need half of what we got!! Im wondering if its going to be easier to almost buy as we need it!! as long we have basics like nappies and baby grows we can make do.

glad i kept so much of alice's stuff though! even if it is pink there is no harm in him wearing a pink vest during the day :rotfl: oooo... im an evil mother!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sam&Alice said:
Rosebay said:
if he or she turns up in the meantime we'll just do a raid on Tescos and Mothercare!
+++

see thats what im thinking. We spent sooo much last time and we really didn't need half of what we got!! Im wondering if its going to be easier to almost buy as we need it!! as long we have basics like nappies and baby grows we can make do.

glad i kept so much of alice's stuff though! even if it is pink there is no harm in him wearing a pink vest during the day :rotfl: oooo... im an evil mother!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yes quite! And even then my parents ended up getting stuff from Mothercare as soon as we got home because I'd failed to think of things! If I have a girl she's going to be "pretty in blue" I can tell you! My mum just put my pink things in with some blue things that leaked colour and dyed them purple for my little brother, with the little baby clothes it doesn't really matter does it and as long as you don't say take any embarrassing photos that you blackmail them with when they're teenagers of them in frills and pink I reckon it's fine!

+++

this was my list:

- pajama's for me
- 3 vests
- 2 sleepsuits
- 1 pram suit
- 2 hats
- nappies
- wipes
- breast pads
- disposable knickers
- toothpaste
- toothbrush
- towel
- soap
- facewipes
- lipbalm
- ipod
- blanket
- muslin squares
- sanitary towels
- nursing bras
- big tshirt for birth
- snacks/drinks (lucozade)
- fan

though i ended up having an emergency c-section & therefore stayed in hospital longer, so i certainly didn't have enough baby clothes!

were the same, not bought pram yet, not even bought socks yet, they will have to wait :rotfl:

we hardly have a thing we got the odd babygrows and vests and a few outfits that others have brought but as for the mosey basket and coat and pram etc we dont have a thing and im having my c section in 3 weeks, i aint even got a bag to pack the hospital bag :wall:

I havnt bought a single thing for new baby yet.. But i have loads from Lovella so dont need a lot!

After Christmas I'll start preparing tho, and get a labour bag sorted x

Im just about there, still have a few bits to buy..........but the majority of stuff I have bought now, although only bought alot of it in the last 2-3 weeks. Still need to buy bouncer/swing, and possibly a breast pump - although I guess this can be bought after he is born! The important things are done - except for putting the border up, the nursery is all done - although I guess will only be used for changing and maybe some playtime for a while. My hubby erected the moses basket stand his morning, and all moses basket, cotbed bedding and his clothes are washed and ready!

My hospital bag is half packed. I have found it all a bit difficult as Im not sure what sort of birth I will be having (my boy is still breech at the moment), and I obviously need a bigger bag for a c-section than I do for a normal birth - Im all a bit in limbo!

I hate doing things too early, otherwise you end up with so much time on your hands..........(well thats my excuse anyway :D )

I'm halfway there. Don't want to be too organised because I still feel like I have such a long time to go. We have the big things, apart from the crib but the room isn't sorted yet. I haven't packed a bag yet either. Think I'm maybe hoping that if I'm not too organised then he might be on time or even a little bit early. :) :) if I'm all ready to go then I just know Ill be sitting about waiting & waiting.

Not that it will make a difference..lol. LO is going to decide when he wants to come, don't think it will matter what I do!!

You are not alone at all. When we moved last (Aug 2007) we freecycled and chairty shopped two buggys (a single and a double) 2 cot beds and all the baby clothes as we had finished having kids :rotfl: All I have is a moses basket as it is a family one but not yet found the covers for it and don't have a mattress for it and a couple of bits of clothing that people have bought me and thats it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back