Am I the only one?

ninjawomble

Reaction score
Ok so Im on the phone to OH, and bubba starts kicking the shit outta me. Im giving it "ow ow ow" over the phone, and rub my belly.....theres a bit sticking out, I lift my top and what is obviously a foot is poking out my belly.
OH is laughing telling me to "grab it" (something he loves to do with bubs when Im asleep bless him)..and Im all "ewwwwwwwwwwww no, its freaking me out!!" :shock:

I dont mind turns and kicks/punches, but when something is sat there poking out..I cant touch it...its weird :oops:

I feel like Im a horrible mum,not wanting to touch her own bubs, but its icky!! :oops:

lol.. its definately wierd when the tummy goes all funny shaped and i still cant believe there is something inside me.. its amazing!! Im pretty sure it doesnt make you a horrible mum though silly!

Claire x

Hehee! Na I was just as bad one night there was a really odd shape sticking out and it was horrible! I now know that it was her ankle....you could feel the whole shape of her foot and leg but it wasnt obvious till I had her and now I know for sure it was her little foot wedged under my ribs! Its cool when they are born you can identify the weird shapes at last!

TBH Im ok as long as I dont look at it! When I look and see how far she is poking out I freak lol! Im so sure shes going to poke through haha I have to admit also that I dont like other peoples moving babies! Reminds me of the alien film heehee

ew yeah it freaks me out aswell and hubby thinks i'm weird for saying that - feels very alien like - i am fine when he just moved but feeling bits of anatomy is just strange !!

I'm so naive - I knew babies kicked etc but I didn't expect my whole tummy to change shape and roll around! I am forever feeling movement and then feel a hard bit sticking out but I have never managed to identify any particular body parts just yet.

But I do feel bad that I just cant bring myself to talk to my belly when I'm alone - I just feel like an idiot! I do sing lots on my own though so I hope that makes up for it!

Pheeeeeeeeew thats ok then :D
Just had hand on my belly and LO prodded me with its pointy elbow, and I jumped all weirded out, then I apologised and said "dont worry mummy does love you" :rotfl: , poor thing'll have a complex :lol:

I find it a very odd feeling, sometimes i try to hold him still but he then finds another part of his anatomy to poke out instead (typical man) :roll:

hi,

This happens with me and i love to watch it. Do somethimes worry that he'll kick through though!!
However, OH wont even look at it he finds it too wierd. He's not touched my bump for months, he says its too alien.
His family gave him a hard time about this last week (just jokingly) saying how he should want to feel his son ect and he got really deffensive about it. Now he wont even discuss the matter saying he must be a bad dad if he cant even touch his own son.
I dont blame him, it is very odd to think theres actually a little person inside me and everyone deals with it differently. Why is it a bad thing that some people dont like it?
Makes no difference to what sort of parent you are, i keep trying to reassure him that he's just being silly.
It is a bit wierd, but im one of those people who likes to see the wierd freaky stuff :)

I havent had any limbs sticking out as yet, or if I have I cant see them - I still have most movement very low down so cant see this area anymore as my belly is too big......

I guess as he gets bigger he will start kicking me in the ribs more?

Im not sure how Im going to feel though when I see it happen!

keelie_b said:
hi,

This happens with me and i love to watch it. Do somethimes worry that he'll kick through though!!
However, OH wont even look at it he finds it too wierd. He's not touched my bump for months, he says its too alien.
His family gave him a hard time about this last week (just jokingly) saying how he should want to feel his son ect and he got really deffensive about it. Now he wont even discuss the matter saying he must be a bad dad if he cant even touch his own son.
I dont blame him, it is very odd to think theres actually a little person inside me and everyone deals with it differently. Why is it a bad thing that some people dont like it?
Makes no difference to what sort of parent you are, i keep trying to reassure him that he's just being silly.
It is a bit wierd, but im one of those people who likes to see the wierd freaky stuff :)

i dont think my OH is freaked out as such, but when i take his hand and press is gently on where she is led, he has the weirdest look on his face, like he is cringing, and makes a funny noise!!! i try to assure him not to worry, but he says hes worried hes "hurting her" iv told him hes not but he says he cant see where hes poking and worrys hes hurting her lol. he wont listen when i tell him he cant hurt her just by feeling her like that. i havnt seen any poky limbs yet but hope to soon! xx

I love seeing and feeling body parts stick out lol, cant identify any though lol

ninjawomble said:
Ok so Im on the phone to OH, and bubba starts kicking the sh*t outta me. Im giving it "ow ow ow" over the phone, and rub my belly.....theres a bit sticking out, I lift my top and what is obviously a foot is poking out my belly.
OH is laughing telling me to "grab it" (something he loves to do with bubs when Im asleep bless him)..and Im all "ewwwwwwwwwwww no, its freaking me out!!" :shock:

I dont mind turns and kicks/punches, but when something is sat there poking out..I cant touch it...its weird :oops:

I feel like Im a horrible mum,not wanting to touch her own bubs, but its icky!! :oops:

I too have been getting baby parts sticking out a bit too and it is a strange thing - guess we are just not used to it. I am finding some of the kicks and punches a bit sore, like baby is pulling on my nerve endings! Anyone else finding that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back