Am I right?

Babylicious

Reaction score
I got divorced last year and got with my partner soon after, anyway we've been together near on 18 months and when we first went out he said how he would like to get married etc. Well he's now saying that it's not important, this morning I mentioned it about getting wed on Xmas eve, and he was like oh ok great, 2 minutes later he said, whats the point, doesn't change anything, so I sulked and bawled under the covers. Now feel really upset :cry:

Sometimes they just don't think its important - especially if one or the other of you have been divorced. My DH wasn't that bothered about getting married - as he said it made no difference being married the first time. :( But - he married me because I wanted to ( it took us 6 years :D ) and said afterwards that yes calling me his wife made a difference.

Getting married on Christmas eve is very expensive. I got married on Christmas eve 2004 and it cost me a fortune. They seem to charge twice as much for flowers and transport. Remember that it is also difficult to get family and friends to come for most of the day. I had to plan my wedding between 12 - 4.

Maybe your OH is thinking of the financial cost, wanting a big wedding or planning something abroad.

These were all the things I hoped Derek was thinking off as I got fed up waiting too. It took 9 years for us to finally get wed.

I hope you get things sorted out soon honey, it obviously means a lot to you. I think being married does change things for the better and my hubby agrees. He tells everyone that he is glad we finally done it. xxx

It's only going to be a small do as both of us don't want a fuss, so transport would be my trusty c3!

Babylicious said:
I got divorced last year and got with my partner soon after, anyway we've been together near on 18 months and when we first went out he said how he would like to get married etc. Well he's now saying that it's not important, this morning I mentioned it about getting wed on Xmas eve, and he was like oh ok great, 2 minutes later he said, whats the point, doesn't change anything, so I sulked and bawled under the covers. Now feel really upset :cry:

give him a break! You're trying for a baby , in a newish relationship and now you're asking for his hand in marriage. get the baby out the way before dragging him down the aisle you impatient git! :rotfl:

i was lucky to be living with my now dh at 18months ! never mind trying for a baby and marriage lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back