Am i right in thinking..

Beth88

Reaction score
that only period and uterus things can cause period pains? I had horrendous ones again lastnight, they seem to come at night, and i don't know why because I purposely lie on my side and not my front or back. I was thinking maybe its wind like a few people have suggested, but surely that wouldnt feel like horrid period aching and cramps?

Argh im so worried and hate the stupid pains..

I get IBS and sometimes the pain is so severe and very low down, try cutting out wheat and bread etc for a few days to see if it helps.

Thanks hennaly i will try this.. i never had it before i got pregnant though, hmm :think:

all sorts of things can change in pregnancy, it may just be worth giving it a go to see if it helps :)

I hope your right :) I also keep getting stupid nose bleeds.. i havent had a nosebleed in my life until now!! i had like 3 lastnight, its really bugging me!

it may be worth mentioning the nose bleeds to your midwife as it can sometimes be to do with blood pressure or sometimes getting too hot can do it.

omgosh really? hmm i kinda dont have a midwife now though.. i did, but then when explained to her that i was returning to wales on the 5th June she said i shoiuld just book in with the midwafe in wales to avoid any confusion over notes etc and she couldnt get me and appointment before the 9th anyway..

I do have her telephone number though.. should i call her?

i wouldnt panic it may be nothing just worth maybe ringing your gp and mentioning it, it cant to any harm.

If the pains feels exactly like period pains, this is normal!!

I remember being at your stage, and being doubled up in pain, crying my eyes out at the worst period pain EVER... Major changes are happening to your womb, and god it bliddy hurts (I love how no-one tells us this little fact about pregnancy!)
As long as its not constant or coupled with bleeding, its just stretchy pains!

Any problems hun, ring your midwife, its what shes there for!! She will sort anything out, and dont worry about bugging them,its what they get paid for!
:hug:

Btw the pains buggered off in week 8 for me...yes they are annoying!!

Thanks ninjawomble, that makes me feel a bit better.. All my friends were like "oh well at least you dont get another period for about 9 months or any pain til the birth!" pfffff!!! It is complete agony when they start.. and they only seem to come at night as well which really bugs me.. Although saying that, i can feel it starting again now.. arrrrrrrrrghhhh i want painkillers :cry:

:hug: hun.

I was well annoyed...thinking yay no period for 9 months...but hang on whats this? PERIOD PAIN???? Arrgghhhhhh!!!

I used to get it bad at night and after doing any thing too physical. Have a couple of paracetomol (its allowed!), get your feet up and curse mother nature for being such a bitch to women!!! (this is what I did every day until my eight week!)

ninjawomble said:
:hug: hun.

I was well annoyed...thinking yay no period for 9 months...but hang on whats this? PERIOD PAIN???? Arrgghhhhhh!!!

I used to get it bad at night and after doing any thing too physical. Have a couple of paracetomol (its allowed!), get your feet up and curse mother nature for being such a bitch to women!!! (this is what I did every day until my eight week!)

WOOOOAH!!! Hold the phone!!!! im allowed paracetamol?!?!? what?! since when?! oh my god! i didn't know this... gosh im defintely gonna take one tongiht when it starts... GOSH!!!! you have probably made my day ninjawomble.. AHH i love you! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

LOL, yep thats allowed but nothing stronger!! No Ibuprofen!! :talkhand:

Paracetamol has been used routinely during all stages of pregnancy to reduce high temperatures and for pain relief. Overall, there seems to be no clear evidence of harmful effects on the baby.

If the recommended dose of paracetamol doesn't control your symptoms, or if you're often in pain, speak to your midwife or GP for further advice. Depending on the cause, other medication may be recommended to help you. (NHS direct)

I had period pains in the first 4 weeks after I found out I was pg.... I was worried all the time that AF was on her way but apparently it's perfectly normal.

My best friend had period pains all the way through her pregnancy and now she's got a beautiful baby daughter.

I had a bleed at 6 weeks and I asked the MW's at the EPAU about it and they said that the hormones you produce in pregnancy that are produced to help your muscles and ligaments to stretch and soften can cause pains that feel exactly like period pains. Plus there's things moving around to make room for your growing uterus and they will cause you pain too.

Luckily mine have stopped now and I only get them for about an hour every now an again but I see it as a good sign now that everything is growing as it should be.

Im not getting and period type pains at all, but i just thought maybe thats due to having a child already as shes not two yet maybe there still loads of room :rotfl:

Littlelady87 said:
Im not getting and period type pains at all, but i just thought maybe thats due to having a child already as shes not two yet maybe there still loads of room :rotfl:

haha yeah you could be right.. and im so small as well, my stomach was flat pretty much and im short etc.. and im young.. so i guess my body is getting ready to stretch, pass the palmers cocoa butter haahah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back