Am I pregnant??

Daniella T

Reaction score
Hi,
Can you help.
I am a Mum of Two already, 6 & 10 year old, so this is not new to me.
I think I am pregnant as i am getting the following symptons:

Fluttering in the tummy
Spotting
Feel sick in the morning and sometimes in the evening.
Tummy is bloated

My last period I believe was on the 9th of Jan and I didn't go back on the pill as my partner and I have decided we want to try for a baby.
However, I have done so far 3 pregnancy test and all have been negative, which is really baffling me. Am I testing to early?
I am quite sure my dates are right but I am begining to doubt myself.
Has anyone else experienced this before??

It could be that you have tested to early, or it might be because you have come off the pill that your body is adjusting. It can take a while for cycles to get back to normal after being on the pill.

When we you expecting your period?

Thanks for responding.

I think I might have tested to early but based on a 28 day cycle I would have been due this Tuesday just gone.
I am also getting quite strong cramping feelings, have been for the last three weeks, sometimes stronger than others.

I have never had a problem with my periods, they are always consistant, although I do agree with you, the first period after coming off the pill can sometimes be a bit harsh.

Does it sound like I am pregnant? My instinct tells me I am but With the tests being negative, I just don't know.

They certainly do sound like pregnancy symptoms, and if your instincts say so, they are usually good to go by. Its such a pain that pregnancy symptoms and pre-menstrual symptoms can be so alike. It could be too early for the HPTs. What tests have you used? Some are more sensitive than others. Hope you get your BFP :pray:

Clear Blue and boots own.

You'll have to excuse me but I am new to all this forum stuff, What do the acronyms mean that you used??
God I will feel such a twit if they mean something like... High premenstral Tension Blah!!

Sorry, I mean home pregnancy test. I use acronyms so often now I forget that others wont know what the hell Im on about! :lol: I have a list of acronyms somewhere, Ill copy and paste now!

Clear Blue are usually pretty sensitive I think :? But test again in a couple of days if your period hasnt arrived. Fingers crossed for you! :pray:

BFP - Big Fat Positive
BFN - Big Fat Negative
TTC - trying to conceive
POAS - Pee or p*ss on a stick!
CM - Cervical mucus (i hate the word mucus)
DH - Dear Husband
OH - Other half
OPK - ovulation test
HPT - home pregnancy test
FMU - First morning urine
BD - babydance or sex!
AF - Aunt Flo/period
LP - Luteal Phase
DPO - Days past ovulation
CD - cycle day
OV - Ovulation

Hope this helps, Im sure there are more.....

Can someone tell me if you can have spotting more than once in the early stages of pregnancy?

Im pretty sure you can have spotting all the way through pregnancy without it being a cause for concern. I have heard that some people get an implantation bleed, then get some spotting around the time their period would have been due. Hope this helps :hug: :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back