Am I nuts?

Kerrykins

Reaction score
So, on Saturday the OH and I are going down to Cornwall for a week. Sounds fine so far doesn't it - we usually go at least once a year as we love the place.

But...............we are camping! I'm 20 weeks now so OK shouldn't be that big but don't forget I started a size 16/18 and am having twins so am already pretty huge.

Martin burst out laughing yesterday and when I asked why he said "I was just imagining you trying to roll off the air bed and having to crawl out of the tent" - lovely support huh? ha ha ha

Up until now I have thought the whole idea was quite funny, but really - it's only two days away now - is this really sensible? I don't have much choice to be honest as we can't afford to say sod it and book a B&B or anything but am I totally nuts for doing this?

Or is everyone camping whilst preggers?

Tee hee

I went caravanning when I was about 7 months gone and it was fine, I know it's not quite the same but it was still funny clambering about to get into bed :)
You'll be fine, go have fun while you can - next time you go camping you'll have twins in tow!

You'll make the best of it Hun, just remember to pack your sense o'd humour lol x

My friends 27ish weeks pregnant and goes camping quite often. I must admit I quite envy her cos there's no way I would've done it!
Hope you have a lovely time!!

I went caravanning when I was about 7 months gone and it was fine, I know it's not quite the same but it was still funny clambering about to get into bed :)
You'll be fine, go have fun while you can - next time you go camping you'll have twins in tow!

Ha ha ha, now there's a thought - I've told him no camping until they are at least three - we will just have to settle for package holidays to spain or someting (woo hoo!) - tee hee

Last edited:
My friends 27ish weeks pregnant and goes camping quite often. I must admit I quite envy her cos there's no way I would've done it!
Hope you have a lovely time!!

Thank you, I reckon it will be a bit of a struggle but got to be worth it just to not be at work. I definitely won't be doing it when 27 weeks though..........

I hope you have fun, hun, although I get where you are coming from. My OH and I went on a caravan holiday last oct and are going again this oct. OH has already said he wants to go again next year and depending on the discount we get this year he might book it whilst there. I told him no because we're hoping to be pregnant by then and I doubt I'll want to go but saying that he still talks about it and I can see myself giving in and saying yes!

Well I'm back and I have to say I wouldn't recommend camping right now. Although we had a lovely time it was just so tiring. At least if you are in a hotel room you have a bed to sleep on but an air bed.......in a storm..........that's just not fun. Especially when the air bed gets a puncture!

And everytime you need to get up you have to roll over and get hoisted up by your partner. Or even getting down - on the knees and roll - hoping you end up where you intend to sleep! Ha ha ha.

God, don't I sound like a miserable cow. It was a lovely break but I'm back to work now so a bit sulky - ignore me...........

Good for you for doing it!!!!! I wouldn't even have considered it non pregnant let alone when I was pregnant with the boys. It least you'll have a good story to tell them later in life :lol:

Well I'm back and I have to say I wouldn't recommend camping right now. Although we had a lovely time it was just so tiring. At least if you are in a hotel room you have a bed to sleep on but an air bed.......in a storm..........that's just not fun. Especially when the air bed gets a puncture!

And everytime you need to get up you have to roll over and get hoisted up by your partner. Or even getting down - on the knees and roll - hoping you end up where you intend to sleep! Ha ha ha.

God, don't I sound like a miserable cow. It was a lovely break but I'm back to work now so a bit sulky - ignore me...........

Glad it went ok! Did giggle about the rolling onto the bed, I'm like this with air beds normally, let alone when I was pregnant lol!
Bet your glad to be home and in your own bed now though!
XxX

Snappykat - yeah I hadn't thought of that - I can tell them all about their first camping trip - you never know, if I'm lucky it might be their only one...........tee hee

Ippa - Yep, it's great to be back in my own bed. OH has now gone away for a few days with work though (poor buggar having to go to Italy!!!!!) so it does feel a bit strange on my own - not complaining about all that lovely room tho!

i camped at a 5 day music festival at 10 weeks and it was really tiring. my tummy ached and my back and i spent a few days being fed up of being tired nauseaus and achey lol. wouldnt do that again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back