• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I getting SPD?

Urchin

Reaction score
I'm starting to get pain down below whenever I'm walking.
It feels like it's the boney bit between my legs, and it kind of aches.

I've done a bit of walking today and it really hurts when I stand up :?

It might be... but then it might just be aches and pains. I know about mine more so in bed although it is bad all the time now. See how you go?

Yeah same as debbie has said, my SPD is a killer in bed. Turning over in the night is very painful.
I find that it is aggravated by walking uphill/up the stairs or long distances.
The only way i can describe the pain i feel is like someone is trying to wedge something between where my thigh bone joins my pelvis, and a constant sore feeling throughout my pelvis.
I do hope you havent got SPD :? mine has gotton so painful.

i didnt notice the pain wen turning in bed untill i was about 32-33 weeks and i did start with achy pain inbetween wen walking an so on so it could be the start... but i hope its not as its gets really painful when you reach aroun 34 weeks :cry: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I do not hope it is. Mine started like this but I had it from about 16 weeks :shock:

i had it for a couple of weeks round week 27-29 where my pubic bone hurt so much every step was sooo painful, and turning in bed to the left was almost impossible , i had to go the long way round..i thought it was the beginning of SPD and i was getting scared about bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy!! but then it got better over the course of a week or so and now it doesnt bother me much at all....

hopefully yours isnt here to stay either

Ive got this sort of pain....I cant close my legs ( how ladylike!! ) it just feels too painful and like something is stuck there. Turning over in bed is a killer - feels like my pelvis is being ripped out :?

I had this at exactly 40 weeks and lasted until 2 weeks after I gave birth. (23 days in total)

It was so painful that I couldn't walk and turning aver in bed was impossible.

I really do hope youn are not getting this. It was the worst part of my pregnancy. xxx

Where was everyone's pain ?

I have no pain at all in my hip joints, it's all around where my pubic bone is :?

It's not been as bad today, I think I over did it walking around the airport when I took the boys there yesterday.

I had this type of pain yesterday, it actually made me say 'ouch' out loud a few times. It hurts only when I walk today, but yesterday it hurt contantly. I just thought it was a very low down constipation pain, but I wasn't constipated!

Urchin said:

I have no pain at all in my hip joints, it's all around where my pubic bone is :?

It's not been as bad today, I think I over did it walking around the airport when I took the boys there yesterday.

same with me, no pain in the hips or anywhere other than pubic bone - just like Ive been kicked there :?

Urchin said:

My pain is mainly in the pubic bone area. The only way i can describe it is a kind of radiating pain that spreads through the whole area. It can also feel as though i have been kicked down there, almost like bruised.
If i walk long distances (at the mo that counts to a trip round tescos :rotfl: ) i get the pain extending into my hip joints.

mine was also specific to pubic bone. It felt bruised and like it was being prised apart

someone on here said that if it had been SPD, i would have had it til the baby was born...but all the symptoms match exactly for SPD ..albeit temporarily

i stopped doing leg workouts in case the leg pressing was aggravating it , i dont know if its that that reversed it, or if i was just lucky. on a website i looked at it did say you can alleviate symptoms to an extent by adjusting your lifestyle

The worst of my pain was high up in my bum cheeks. xxx

i dont recall pain in my hips either but it starts off with ur foof feeling bruised then its constant brusedness under bump n pubic bone :cry:

I spoke to my MW about this yesterday and she said it does sound like SPD, the pain doesn't have to stay all the time, mine only comes when I over do it.
What she described is exactly like what I have, the 2 sides of the pelvis grinding together a bit in the middle.

Some days it's fine but as soon as I walk a lot, especially pushing the pushchair, it gets worse.

Urchin... If you want to borrow my SPD for a few days to see how it feels at it's worst, you are more than welcome! I'm a very sharing person.

That way, you can try before you buy so to speak ;)

it starts off with ur foof feeling bruised then its constant brusedness under bump n pubic bone

This exactly what I've had for the past few weeks. Not causing me too much of a problem at the moment. Just a bit stiff getting up and turning over in bed is a nightmare. Also getting a bit of a John Wayne style walk :lol:

Is there anything you can do for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back