am i getting my hopes up? :(

sophs85

Reaction score
Ok i came off the bcp beginning of oct, since then we have been ttc , I know people have mixed opinions on how long to wait but my doc said go for gold! Anyway I was due on 2 days ago and nothing! I know this is normal after stopping the pill but I'm just wondering as we have been actively trying is it a possibility I'm pregnant? I feel slight cramps but no other period symptoms eg. Sore breasts and I'm pretty sure I ovulated this month as I had all the symptoms, what do you think? Getting my hopes up? Xx

Did u do a test, my first symptom was sore boobs my nipples were sore first! Then sore at the sides good luck x

Test!!!! That's only way you,ll no for sure. Good luck.

Thanks ladies, I'm doing it in the morning, I'm pretty sure i will be disappointed but you never know! :)

I'm sort of in the same boat. I also came off bcp in Oct (but the end).

I'm not due on for another week but I have been having loads of symptoms:

Metallic taste - only lasted 2 days
Cramping - for the last 10 days
Back ache - also for the last 10 days
Sensitive nipples - occasionally
Dizziness - very slight and occasionally
Twinged in my left side - occasionally (feels like twinges in my ovary area??)

I have no idea whether this is due to coming off the pill so it would be interesting to know ur result. I really hope it is good news for you - good luck. I hope you would be able to let us know!!

Fx,d I,ve heard your more fertile straight after you stop taking the pill, the docs just like you to have at least 1 period before you try for to make it easier to date the pregnancy. So you,ve got a good chance!!

Your cycle could be longer than usual as it's your first month off the pill. My first was 37 days and it looks like my second cycle will be 32 days. Good luck with test. xxx

Yes I heard that too!! I have so many symptoms and at this very moment I have a very achy feeling in my or what I think is my left ovary. I've had this most of the day and its driving me crazy not knowing whats causing it, heightened hormones from coming off the pill or could I be pg??

what cycle day are you on hun?
I came off pill end of july...1st cycle was 36 days....2nd cycle was 37 days....im on my 3rd cycle and on cd 43 but still no sign of af, so it can basically be different for every irl coming off BCP, but FX for you xx

No, complete negative! I knew it would be. I'm so disappointed :( x

Sorry sophs. If af arrives at least u will know u r getting back to normal with ur cycle! That's what I'm thinking for myself anyway. Sorry if that makes u feel worse!!

No ,I kind of really want it to happen! Have never wanted af so much! Lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back