Am I doing damage to me or baby??

lrb

Reaction score
Every night before I go bed I will go for a wee, I take a drink to bed and always drink it all but make it last the whole night! I wake up early hours in morning needing a wee but turn over & ignore it! Wake up in morning bursting.. But last few nights I've woken up in a bit of pain but thought I'd roll over n go bk to sleep, after a while trying I finally nodded off but woke up today very sore!! My belly is really hurting today, baring in mind I got up at 8:30 I'm still sore! Felt such a relief when I went for wee but now I feel like I have a ton of bricks laying on my belly and chest!! Me holding in my wee I know could possibly cause water infection to me but I live in a terist house with bathroom through kitchen where a very scatty puppy sleeps at night! Then I wake him up and takes me hours to go bk to sleep so I just fight it! But now thinking I'm running out of room in my tum got a baby and full bladder! Would this affect baby tho??????

I was reading something in one of my books about not holding in wee yesterday, it said you are more at risk for UTI/bladder infections which you have mentioned. I don't think it's good getting any infections when you are pregnant if you can avoid it really. I don't think it will necessarily harm the baby directly though.

I don't think it would harm baby as such but you are at risk of going into retention which is where your bladder sphincter sort of cramps and won't release at all, I've had this before and it bloody hurts. And at the end of the day wee is waste and toxins so best get rid of it when you need to hun xxx

Yeah like Torino said it can cause a UTI and I think sometimes a kidney infection, dont think it do any harm to baby though but your just as important as LO so want to keep your self well too

Is there any paticular reason you drink the water during the night? could you not do this then you might not need to go as badly?

Sometimes I don't know I need to go, like haven't woken up in night to go, then in morning I can be in agony! That worries me that sometimes I don't wake up to know.
I've always took a drink to bed and can't sleep without one, I sleep with my mouth open and always in need of a drink! I've tried to get out of habit but I don't sleep n get headaches if I don't :/

I'm also not a very good drinker so when I do drink I don't wanna b cutting it out cause I'm terrible for drinking in day time x

maybe if ur not waking you dont need to go but as soon as you think u do then run in and get it out of the way rather than holding it in

I know its horrible getting up to pee but i just wander in with my eyes closed n stumble back again lol, if your having a lot of pain maybe pop to see Doc or MW, they can do a quick uring test and see if there is any infection there.

It could even just be the way baby is lying against ur bladder

Hunny I spose at least you are waking up to a full bladder and not an empty one and a wet mattress :shock: xxxxxxxx

Yeah lol there's still time for that to happen!!
Ive had trouble with my eyes for 2 n half months now where I can't see properly late at night & early mornings there stuck together so when I do wake up I wanna rush to loo but my eyes don't let me lol need to go bk to drs tho!

My little brother has really long eye lashes (git) and his used to stick together in the morning, I used to put clear mascara on them before he went to bed and that helped him loads. Might be worth a try hun xxxxxxxxx

My eye lashes r long but think its dry eye, dr can't doesn't know what it is but just randomly started couple months back, blurred vision starts in hour or so then they feel really dry then wake up all gammy. There not stuck together tho really just gammy n blurry! -strange!!

Have you thought about eye drops. I've had to re start the ones I got when I first got my contact lenses, cos it was really hard to open my eyes in the morning. They were really dry and sore. Xxx

I'm such a woos with drops, normally I have to wait till I c my mum nd he her to put them in & pin me down lol! But I'm sure being a regular thing I'd soon get used to it! Gonna go drs one more time that way can get them on prescription! X

I always hated them as well - but i really really wanted contact lenses, and had to give it a go - and it totally gets easier.xxx

You could use one of those eye sprays instead of drops, I hate eye drops too.

Yeah I saw them, quite ££££ but if it works should b worth it x

I always tried going back to sleep instead of going for pee, but got to the stage now where i have to get up, it's better although annoying rolling out of a comfortable position..

Also- there's an eye spray you can use if drops are scary, it works wonders for me as my eyes have been dry as of late.
Even face moisturiser around the eyes has worked for crustiness! :) x

Yeah dr said baby shampoo and water and rub over eyes, but really don't wanna open babies shampoo just for a couple of drops lol yeah how much was your spray?? £13-14? X

Optrex Boots Eye Spray is £14.99!!!... thats rubbish, i got Dr to get me a prescription! :) NHS for the WIN!! xx

Oreally was gonna get this, didn't realise they would give spray on prescription, thought they would say to me man up n use drops lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back