• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

am i being too OCD-ish?

trixipaws

Reaction score
im not ocd-ish normally, i dont even wash my hands after number 1's or b4 eating. but with my baby im different- im a bit neurotic actually!

she's crawling now and putting everything in her mouth, and im following her around wiping her hands with baby wipes all the time- my boyf says im being a freak! also i keep telling him to watch her with the cat- the cat is great with her but u kno how cats rub up on u one way, then turn around and go the other way? and they pause briefly b4 they turn around? well, the cat doesnt know to move his bum out her face b4 turning around and similarly she dont kno which end of the cat she's not meant to stroke! so i dive over to them straight away ready to push his ass away b4 she sticks her hand right on it! he does keep it clean (not like the cat we got rid of) but i mean, its still an ass-hole! :lol:

am i wrapping her up in cotton wool, should i chill out a bit? she's nearly one.

midna said:
I think I would be a bit anal about a cat shoving a bumhole in seeds face but as for pickin stuff up and eating it ...I guess it depends I dont bother with wipes here but we got no pussys with hair fallin out.. :D

except your own mwah :rotfl:

I am a very relaxed parent when it comes to my children and dirt (i.e. lazy ;)). Obviously I make sure they are clean and have basic hygiene but Seren used to crawl around and put everything in her mouth including a snail she found in the garden (was great when she spat that out on my hand). I have 3 cats and it can be annoying when they get in the way (and I wouldn't appreciate either Seren or Cally having a face of cat ass) but I really wouldn't get too concerned as you will pass this on to her. Kids are resiliant and a little dirt did no one harm. Obviously any real harmful dirt is a no no (Seren played in the cat litter tray the other day (thank gofd I had only just cleaned it out) - and I basically disinfected her)

Im a pretty relaxed parent too, though if Imogen grabs the cats il shoo them away from her and geneerally keep them away cos they stuff their arses in her face too.
Though the time stephen likes beanies daughter had his hands in the cat tray - and it werent clean :puke: put him in the bath and scrubbed him all over!

Hence why I keep gates up now on the kitchen so neither if them can get in there!

Though im not one to contiuously cleaning the kiddies though as i want them too become resiliant to the germs there going too come into contact with.

I'm pretty hygenic ie. always wash my hands after the toilet, before and after handling food and am the same with Harrison but i'm not over the top, he was eating moss out in the garden today, I stopped him once I noticed but wasn't overly bothered to be honest, he strokes the cats, plays on the grass, public swings and slides & I don't clean his hands after, unless they're dirty of course. I would hate for him to have a cats bum in his face though so yeah I would defo move its bum away.

i saw once on tiny house of terrors this poor lil lad was completely germ and dirt apobic ( spl?) he wouldnt even play with paint , and had loads of trouble getting to eat as he didnt like being dirty , this was cos his mum was ott with the keep clean thing .

i know i will teach leland to be clean but not ott , we have a dog and horses etc and i sure wont be running round everytime he strokes her !

cats bum in face tho aint nice for noone!

I won't comment, I'm a serial hand washer LOL!

i am terrible i carry a bottle of anti bac spray stuff in my bag for hannahs hands and anywhere she sits

i suffer OCD and im not that bad :rotfl: dirt is good for kids :cheer: but cats arses :talkhand: :rotfl:

We have two cats and I can be really anal with them and dirt... DH thinks I'm nuts :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: but we lock them in the kitchen at night and they get up on the side looking for treats and every morning I go in and bleach the sides down... but I sort lil miss' bottles and the boob juice sucker out on the side and one of our cats isn't very clean :x Our cats aren't that fond of lil miss so keep away from her and the one thats not very clean doesn't like anyone but DH and won't go near anyone else... so I'm kinda sorted there :D

I leave Isaac to it, he is usually covered it muck and fluff and I don't think it a bad thing now he is at the age he is, and I don't want to keep wiping him all day long as I think that could cause more issues for him as he grows up :think: Your LO has already been exposed to everything in your house, so I'd say try to give yourself a break, she will be fine, just watch out for any wet areas, namely the bathroom/kitchen floor, as bacteria grows in water and thats where tummy bugs etc can be picked up.

As for the cats bum, Isaac is the same with the dog, and they are both non-bothered which end is which :lol: I do keep him away from the dog's bum, as I think you should with the cat, but otherwise just try to relax, the house is the safest place, yet you wouldn't stop her playing on the grass outside and you can't control that surface :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back