too hot/too cold

trixipaws

Reaction score
possibly my biggest fear since i had my daughter is her getting too hot (coz of SIDS and all that). i'd imagine if she got too hot her eyes would just roll back and shed quietly go unconscious, whereas if she got too cold she'd cry. so iv always tried 2 keep her cool (esp. as she was born in june theres never been any worry about it being cold). but my boyf has worried me now, as recently its been a bit chilly, and he thinks the opposite to me- if she was hot she'd toss and turn and cry, but if she was cold she'd silently shut down. it horrifies me the idea of a baby silently dying and im so worried now shes the right temp. i kno the ideal room temp is 16-20 degrees but im not sure about layers and stuff. any1 else worry about this?

Me and my husband had this conversation last night as Nathans room felt really cold even though the temp egg said 18.5. To be honest Nathan was restless as well last night and his face and hands were really cold, i ended up putting another blanket on him and socks on his hands!!!
But i couldnt sleep then kept going to check on him to make sure he wasnt too hot, but he still felt cold to me.
So we are all really tired today as Nathan has been awake on and off since 2 this morning, he is now having a nap though!

I worry about this too. I was saying to OH last night that I hope Jake has enough layers but not too many. Like they advise one more layer than what we are wearing but we sleep under a quilt plus i thought it was cold in the house last night but he thought it was warm! I had Jake in a vest and body suit and under 3 blankets. Our house is quite a modern build so not too cold, I hope thats enough.

Have you got a grobag? There's a guide on the back and it tells you which tog growbag and what to put underneath. It took all the worry of temperature away for me! Lx

LucyBee said:
Have you got a grobag? There's a guide on the back and it tells you which tog growbag and what to put underneath. It took all the worry of temperature away for me! Lx

Yes but i threw the packaging away :wall: I have a 1 tog but i dont always use it because jake brings up milk/wets it etc so its sometimes in the wash

tangerinedream said:
LucyBee said:

Yes but i threw the packaging away :wall: I have a 1 tog but i dont always use it because jake brings up milk/wets it etc so its sometimes in the wash
buy a few
ive got about 4 or 5 all diff togs
god im gonna be needing the old 2.5 soon

Becksss said:
tangerinedream said:
LucyBee said:

buy a few

Yeah, ive had a look on ebay as they are so expensive

LucyBee said:
is that like a sleeping bag with dungaree straps on? yes i got that shes in it now but iv no idea what togs it is. eek worried bout that now what if its too high and im roasting her :(

All I know is that as long as the nape of her neck is warm, they are fine, the extremities (hands and feet) get cold as the blood supply concentrates on LO's body and head. Their hands and feet tend to be lower temp - especially at night when they are not moving about as much.
Isaac has always slept in a vest, gro and grobag, and he's always been fine except for cold hands and face, which I hate but put anything on his hands and he wriggles it off and I'd hate to tie anything on them as don;t like to think he can't get to chew his hands :roll:
You could invest in the sleeping bags from Bambino Merino. They are made from merino wool so they adapt to both cool and warm environments http://www.bambinomerino.com/ :hug:

tangerinedream said:
Becksss said:
tangerinedream said:
LucyBee said:

buy a few

Yeah, ive had a look on ebay as they are so expensive
thats where i get mine from too :D

Redshoes said:

All I know is that as long as the nape of her neck is warm, they are fine, the extremities (hands and feet) get cold as the blood supply concentrates on LO's body and head. Their hands and feet tend to be lower temp - especially at night when they are not moving about as much.
Isaac has always slept in a vest, gro and grobag, and he's always been fine except for cold hands and face, which I hate but put anything on his hands and he wriggles it off and I'd hate to tie anything on them as don;t like to think he can't get to chew his hands :roll:
You could invest in the sleeping bags from Bambino Merino. They are made from merino wool so they adapt to both cool and warm environments http://www.bambinomerino.com/ :hug:
:shock: i well want 1 of them
maybe 2 its all u need untill 3 years old!!

my daughter wouldnt go sleep about an hr ago and she just kept smiling and laughing at me lol

but i added another blanket on her and turned looked at monitor and she was sleeping so i think that was why. she was crying also but not properly crying.

not sure if baby would shut down like that.

tangerinedream said:
LucyBee said:

Here you go...

401.gif

This might be a bit small. Here's the link...

http://www.gro-group.co.uk/grobag/sizes ... t-to-wear/

LucyBee said:
tangerinedream said:
LucyBee said:

Here you go...

401.gif

This might be a bit small. Here's the link...

http://www.gro-group.co.uk/grobag/sizes ... t-to-wear/

Oh thanks hun, you're a star. I never thought to look on the website :wall:

If you buy 2 Grobags from their website: www.bumpto3.co.uk, you get 10% off.

I put my LO in a Grobag for the first time last night, and she seemed pretty content in it. If I was to use noraml blankets and sheets, she won't let me pull them up to her shoulders as she likes her arms to be free, so I end up worrying about her chest being exposed.

i put isaiah in a sleep suit...long arms and then a grow bag. he always sleeps better than in blankets...and no chance of pulling it over his head...never let a baby sleep in a hat i was told...cos they can over heat easily like that...as far as cot death trixi, the risk at three months is very very low compared to newborn so try not to over- worry

lisa xx

I bought all mine on ebay - they have all been in really good condition. I have also sold a couple of the birth ones and have made back more than I paid for them.

I love ebay

I have got a variety of Grobags in 0.5, 1.0 and 2.5 tog as the temperature changes quite a lot in my house. At the moment the Grobag egg in Jake's room is reading 20-21 so he wears a short sleeved vest a babygro and a 0.5 tog grobag or just a babygro and a 1.0 tog grobag. I just check the back of his neck to see if his temperature feels ok before I go to bed and if it doesn't I take off or add a layer. If you arn't sure just go by the Grobag what to wear advice. I bought my Grobags new from e bay by the way for half the price. Do you have a thermometer in the room that Millie sleeps in and if you do then what is the temperature at moment?

I've ordered a couple online from a company called dream bag (www.thedreambag.co.uk). They are cheaper than grobag and I got 10% off because I ordered more than one. I'm just waiting for them to be delivered but will let you know what they are like when they arrive. They also donate a percentage of their profits to charity which I thought was nice.

Gemma & Jake said:
Do you have a thermometer in the room that Millie sleeps in and if you do then what is the temperature at moment?
its usually about 20 degrees now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back