Am i being irrational?

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
Many if you have heard me moan about my OH and that i was a bit sick if doing everything and said it would change after the baby was born.

Has it fuck.The day after Imogen was born I was cleaniung the house, hiivering and doing thwe washing and where was he, sat on his fucking ass watching me clean and I sat in the loo and cried afterwards, i couldnt believe it. He has done shag all all week to help me. ok he started work again thgis morning and is nipping off to the bungalow to decorate it with his mum (were moving).

But twice this week he has bit MY head off, when twice this week i have stayed uo with the baby all night while he took himself off in the living room and slept! I really hated him when he did that and was close to telling him to piss off.

I just dont know how to broch the subject, he brings up stupid things and makes me feel like im being irrational - but surely i get to put my feet up at some point as im the one that had the baby not him.
I told my MW what had been happening and she was not happy weith me for doing all the cleaning and looking after stephen, but i said to her what choice do i have when my hubbys a lazy shit whos more intersted in the computor then me and the kids at the mo.

Am i being irrational, cos i can see myself getting ill again if he dont pull his weight

Aw hun, can you not mention how you feel to him and tell him to start pulling his weight?! :?
Big hugs :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: You really shouldn't be doing all that hun, you're body needs to heal now. Try speaking to him :hug:

Not sure what to say so will just send you lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
:hug:

I suppose it's more tricky with your son toddling around, but how about you just do the stuff as absolutely necessary for you, him and the baby and leave all your OH's stuff for HIM to do. He might get the hint then.... but then he is a bloke so possibly not! :lol:

I'm on my own and having to do everything for me, the baby and around the house. Midwives and health visitors were telling me to take it easy... I wish!

No you're not being irrational..I would suggest a slight relapse and a fictional midwife telling you if you don't go on complete rest you may end up being readmitted..without the baby. :wink: Scare him into thinking if he doesn't help a little he'll be doing the lot :twisted:

I agree with Meezie---leave him to sort himself out! You're not being irrational at all!

I did have a word, well in fact I roared at him when the kids were in bed, his mum was up though, so we had a audiance!

I told him i was sixk to death of playing the maid,housekeeper and general slave to all and sundry while he sat on his arse and looked on. I told him if he didnt get his act together me and the kids would be moving to our new house and he could fuck off else where and get himself a new slave as i was sick of it all.

He was shocked to say the least but me telling him I would leave him and take our children did it.
He does now make more of an effort, i do still have to growl a bit but he helps out more at least and baths the kids.
I was honest with him and told him he was making me feel ill and if he wanted me to get PND to carry on- but iyts all going ok at the mo, will see what happens when we move this weekend!

mrs_tommo22 said:
I did have a word, well in fact I roared at him when the kids were in bed, his mum was up though, so we had a audiance!

I told him i was sixk to death of playing the maid,housekeeper and general slave to all and sundry while he sat on his arse and looked on. I told him if he didnt get his act together me and the kids would be moving to our new house and he could f**k off else where and get himself a new slave as i was sick of it all.

He was shocked to say the least but me telling him I would leave him and take our children did it.
He does now make more of an effort, i do still have to growl a bit but he helps out more at least and baths the kids.
I was honest with him and told him he was making me feel ill and if he wanted me to get PND to carry on- but iyts all going ok at the mo, will see what happens when we move this weekend!

That's good news hun coz that first post made my blood boil :x

I hope they stay this way, though i had to roar aga9in last night, i think hes taking the piss a bit still.
I dont think he seriously believes that i will kick him out cos now im in my new house - im wont be the one leaving it if thats what it comes too!!!

I hope they stay this way, though i had to roar aga9in last night, i think hes taking the piss a bit still.
I dont think he seriously believes that i will kick him out cos now im in my new house - im wont be the one leaving it if thats what it comes too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back