Am I being a misery?

TORino

Reaction score
This is probably a bit pathetic but sometimes you just can't help how you feel with the hormones etc I guess. The fact I don't have a great relationship with her probably colours my view a bit mind.

We were at MiLs today and she asked when our next scan was and we told her and she's said she wants us to get 2 pictures to give to her and felipes grandma. she said she was really upset that we didn't get her one for the 12 week scan. It has really peed me off for some reason. I was crapping it that much before hand having an extra 8 pound coins in my purse so they could flash pics of my baby around was the last thing on my mind.

I don't want to get her one. Mean aren't I? Lol

Honestly - yes a wee bit mean. sorry honey. I can however imagine that its not exactly the thing at the front of your mind when you go for your first scan - i was terrified before mine.

Having said that i dont have a great realationship with my MIL, but i'd love it if she'd ask something like that. everyone keeps telling me she's really excited - and i know she's told folk, cos everyone at church knew, but i dont see it.

xxx

Instead of paying for loads of pics for people I got two pictures, I kept the originals and went and got them photocopied xx

You can scan them and print them off, that's what we did. They are expensive for what they are really but they pay for the newer u/s machines. Tell her you'll get her one if she pays for it xxxxxxxxxx

Becareful I was told some pictures will distort from the heat of the photocopier!! And it says it on mine.
Instead I took a photo of my picture and printed that out x x

I can imagine I would feel like that, but I'm guessing it is just hormones :)
We took pictures of the pic on a phone then took to one of those photo machine dealies. Ask them to pay if they want 2!

I know I'm mean really and I should be pleased she is interested but she is just too full on for my liking.

We have told her that we won't be buying stuff and sorting rooms out until after Xmas but everytime we go round she asks us if we have cleared out the spare room/picked a pram/ordered the nursery furniture and she's getting on my nerves.

I'm a bad person lol

It's the hormones honey. No-one, especially Mils
Can win just now, either too excited or not enough. Lol

Xxxx

i dont think you are mean. it wouldnt have been at the forefront of my mind. in fact i have kept the pictures to myself and only showed them when I was ready to. I know everyone is excited etc but you need to set the pace of things. Im not being insensitive but its your baby, its your world which is changing the most and I like taking the time to get my own head around things before indulging other people. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back