Am I being selfish?

sweetpamii

Reaction score
For my birthday my friend and my brother both got me baby clothes and a card for me, I know I'm probably being selfish but this is really the last birthday before the baby is here and my life will b all about her then anyways. I just wanted one thing to b about me since all my life now is baby baby which I don't usually mind but for some reason this bothers me :/ I know I'm being stupid I really do.also my bday was 2 weeks ago the same day as my scan so that was all about baby too. I'm being so silly

Nope not selfish at all. The baby will get lots of pressies and attention. Your birthday should deffo be about you.

I don't think you are at all. Baby stuff should wait til baby's birthday in my opinion, although for Christmas we are asking for baby things it's our choice, I would be mortified if someone bought me stuff for someone else's birthday on MY birthday xxxxxxxxx

You are not being silly! I wouldn't be best pleased about it either, just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you've ceased to exist as an individual.

That being said, as long as it's meant well it's not that big a deal, is it :hug:

Thanks guys, I mean I don't grudge the baby at all but it is my birthday not the babies yet, but again it's not meant in a bad way either xxx

Don't my birthdays coming up and I'm praying this doesn't happen!

I don't think you are being silly, you are still your own person x

I would be a bit miffed too! Baby clothes are nice but normally come when baby arrives, not at your birthday!! People can mean well but do the wrong things by mistake sometimes!

i totally get what you mean. that's like ur OH buying you an iron!! xx

My birthday was friday and ended up a little like that. DH is paying for a private scan for mine - he's reasoning is actually quite sweet - my mum's going through a really hard time with her mum and sis just now, and she was feeling a bit put out that a friend came to my scan cos DH was working (what makes this worse is most of my friends are old enough to be my mum or gran) - so DH thought scan would be a nice thing for us to do together.

PArt of me was kinda annoyed about it - cos i kinda felt like my birthday - and gift is about baby and mum - but once i kinda thought about it im bit more used to idea now.

Guess some flolk either dont think things through, or have a different idea of what consitutes a nice gesture.
xxx

It's my bday in 4 weeks and I'm hoping I don't get a load of baby stuff. I wouldn't mind if they got somethin for me and something for baby, but not just for baby.

As u say, this will be my last bday before becoming a mummy, so I don't want baby taking it over and getting my presents! Lol! I do have my 22 week scan on my bday which I'm fine about, I wanted it then and they managed to accommodate that, but that was my choice.

It would've been different if u asked for baby stuff but you are still you at the end of the day xx

Thanks everyone, I was just so peeved earlier but live and let live I had a great bday and got to see my little angel on the same day and my bf treated me like a princess I'm just going to think of that :)

I would feel the same Hun ur not Being selfish at all x birthday should be for u!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back