Am I allowed to eat TUNA? I WANT IT NOW!!

MyFirstNoodle

Reaction score
:wave: ok yesterday :booboo:

Forgetting I'm pregnant (4w4d) I kind of just tucked into 2 cans of Tuna mixed with Mayo on some jacket potatoes.......:oops:

Afterwards I was complaining that I had a headache for 12 hours and I realised today that it could of been from eating the Tuna (or does that shound stupid??)

I done some research
coffee.gif
about it but I'm getting alot of mixed messages!!

The reason I ask now is because (I know its early) but I'M REALLY REALLY craving some Tuna Mayo on its own!!

Am I allowed some???

Thanks girlies (and guys) xx:flower:

Last edited:
My doctor never said anything to me about Tuna, but he did mention that the mayonnaise needs to have pasturised egg in it.. Read the back of it to make sure there is no raw egg in it.. As for the tuna.. No idea, like I said my doctor never said anything about that one but I'm sure one of the girls will be along later and will maybe be able to tell you a little more xx

only three portions of tuna a week so like three cans :) and mayo is fine as long as its not home made and it has pasturised egg in it - it will say on the label - i personally lived off of tuna mayo when i was pg and my auntie did too - sometimes going over 3 portions :oops: lol

only three portions of tuna a week so like three cans :) and mayo is fine as long as its not home made and it has pasturised egg in it - it will say on the label - i personally lived off of tuna mayo when i was pg and my auntie did too - sometimes going over 3 portions :oops: lol

Thank you girls!! Did you by any chance have baby boys?? x

Just limit it if you can. I love tuna jackets but I steered clear in the first tri. That's when all the brain and organ development is taking place so I was pretty good then. It's the mercury content that's the issue. Now I'm safely out of that phase, I am more lenient with myself. I had a tuna jacket this week for the first time in months. :)

Just limit it if you can. I love tuna jackets but I steered clear in the first tri. That's when all the brain and organ development is taking place so I was pretty good then. It's the mercury content that's the issue. Now I'm safely out of that phase, I am more lenient with myself. I had a tuna jacket this week for the first time in months. :)

Yeah its probably best to be really strict with myself whilst in first tri!! I bet you demolished that jacket when you had it haha!! Thank you for the advise Im really grateful xx

D'ya know it was really disappointing!! :( I was so looking forward to it and the potato was only luke warm!!

D'ya know it was really disappointing!! :( I was so looking forward to it and the potato was only luke warm!!

ergh that horrible. I bet you was not best pleased!! I really wanted mine.....couldn't stop thinking about it, but when I started eating it I realised I didn't want it anymore haha always the way!! :wall2:

Blimey I had no idea Tuna could get mercury in it! how does that happen? in the sea?

Thanks, Jenni

i was told by my midwife that because of what the tuna can have in it (mercury..SP) you are only allowed one small tin a week. She was quite strict on this!! :( I love tuna mayo butties! :love:
To double check ask your doctor or midwife as this is just what i have been told.

i eat tuna all the time. as for the mayo my gp said any shop bought mayo has to have pasteurised egg in it, its just home made mayo theyre dodgy about..... i didnt even know people made home made mayo!!! hellmanns is my best friend!!! :D xx

Hellmans is definitely made with pasteurised egg :D

i love your avatar MyFirstNoodle!!!! fish is good for you so it's good to crave it! just like everyone else said, don't eat too much! i got told 2 portions of oily fish a week.. xxx

Thank you girls!! Did you by any chance have baby boys?? x

one girl and one boy my craving for tuna was stronger when i was having my girl - didnt really get too bad with it when i had zander :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back