Am Back

Tonks

Reaction score
:(

After trying to go home, we ran into some very treacherous roads. Sheet ice, blizzards, etc and we hadn't even hit the hills yet. Took us over an hour to go 10 miles, so turned around.

Now at home, and our driveway and road has frozen over so we're now stuck! Saw gritters and snow ploughs on the drive but they weren't having any effect as it was thick ice on the roads. You could't see any road markings, or where the road turned into verge.

Going to try again tomorrow, after the sun has hopefully been out for a bit.

Determined not to be stuck here for Christmas!

Sounds like a nightmare hun. Its really bad here too xx

Doesn't seem like they've closed the road yet, and it goes pretty high into the hills. Makes me worried that there will be a bad accident :( It's all single carriageway and lots of sheer drops.

Now have to figure out what to eat, as I cleared the fridge and the cupboards before we left :lol:

:( oh hun and you were so looking forward to it :hug:

Better to be safe....

Easy dinner...takeaway :D

Can't! No way of getting one delivered due to the snow/ice.

Raiding the freezer!

Better wait than risk it. Glad you got back ok!

What region do you live in Tonks? Hope you get out for Christmas :)

Scottish Highlands. We'll try again tomorrow afternoon I think.

Better late than never hun, hope you get there tomorrow :hug:

Have you tried today or are you going to?

It is horrendous here :doh: totally snowed in :wall: and so much to get finished :(

hope you managed to get there safely hon :hug:

it's not fab here mamafy, but i'm hoping it's clearing! it snowed over night, just a little, but it's turned to thick ice :wall2:

its hardley snowed here in bham i snowed loads oldbury and smethwich and in the middle west brom where i am it missed till yesterday haha!! I thinkim the only one that was waiting for snow out of my family too and the last to get it :rotfl: cant wait to have a white christmas hope it dont clear up but want the gritters to come round. Ment to be traveling to northamptionshire for boxing day x

Got through! It was pretty ropey, but managed! :yay:

Thats great news chick. Have a lovely time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back