Alicia born 16th Jan at 13:02pm

annem

Reaction score
Alicia was welcomed into the world at 13:02 on her due date weighing 8lbs 10oz

From the 30th december i was 1-2cm diluated!!
On the 15th i had lots of bath with lavender and clary sage. After demanding some loving at about 10pm on the 15th i tried to go to sleep but had a watery discharge and more of my plug coming out. I stayed awake and starting cleaning madly!

I had only period pains like i had been having for weeks but around 4am i thought it was more as i was bleeding. I called the labour suite who said i was not in labour because i would know about it but said if i wanted to to pop in at 8am but as i had a midwife appointment at 3pm that day i should just see her!!

by 8am i was bleeding lots so went to hospital. It turns out i was told 8am as that is the shift change so i think they could not be bothered with me :( The midwife said 'oh your here to check baby's movements' and i kept trying to explain that i thought i was in labour but they were having non of it!

They checked her movements which were fine and then i had to ask for an internal! This was now 9am and i was 7cm and my back waters were gone.

They moved me to a room. i was given gas and air and me and my OH just talked for a while. Around 10am i got in the bath. I stayed in there laughing non-stop till 12ish when i studdenly wanted the toliet. I got up and and waters burst.

The midwife came in and moved me onto the bed. I really wanted to push now. she checked and i was ready! I asked how big she thought she would be and she said 6-7lbs so i thought it can't be that bad!!

Well i was really trying but i was not getting any where fast. She said she could tell i was or had been a horse rider :rotfl: Anyway to make me work harder at 12:30 they took the gas and air off me :x but i still could not get her out!! She said baby was being a naughty and not helping me!! her heartbeat was fine but they had to cut me in the end!!

I was only in pain for 30mins and then she arrived!! Weighing 8lbs 10 and with a lot of hair.

She feed straight away and is perfect!

Image037.jpg

:cheer: Congratulations! I bet it was a shock when they said you were 7 cm! Great birth story :D

Congrats on your little pink bundle,
Glad you had a good birth with her.

ah, congratulations. shame you were treated so badly tho,thats awefull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back