Alice cut the back of her hand

mum2A&L

Reaction score
it may sound really silly, but its the first 'real' graze she has had where she had noticed it. She just fell over outside on the way to the car... nothing major, but she is being really odd about it.

It doesn't seem to be causing her any pain, she is using her hand fine, but if she notices it she goes all funny, tries to hide her arm up her sleeve and won't let me or OH look at it. When she first did it as long as she held a tissue against it she was ok. As soon as i took the tissue away as it stopped bleeding she went really funny, started crying, and wanted the tissue back :think:

Its almost like she is trying to hide it. its really weird!! any ideas why? does / has anyone else's child behaved like this? should i just let her get on with it, or try and stop her acting strangely? :think:

oh she can be an odd one!!

She's probably scared that it will hurt if you try to touch it :( .

Poor soul. :hug:

Kim x x x x x

This is where pretty Disney princess plasters come in very handy... :D

When I was little in nursery I caught my hand in the wooden wendy house door and I had a blood blister. I remember being really scared and I didn't want anyone to see. When I got home my mum saw it and I cried, I felt really embarrassed. I can remember it like it was yesterday but I must have only been about 3.

Its just something new and strange to her I would have thought, bit scary too.

:)

Arianna always gets embarrased if she hurts herself and runs and hides, it's only now she is letting mummy look at it and make it better

aaaarw poor girly :hug: :hug:

i must have the only boy who offers the offended part of anatomy out for an inspection, kiss, and cuddle :lol:

She is still being really funny with her hand!!

Oh the paddy she threw when she realised the top she had one didn't want to go over her hand this morning!! My mum had her whilst we where up the ward and she wouldn't even let her look at it.

Problem is its a bit to big a graze for a plaster, and im not sure she would entertain one (she picks at mine if i have one from a blood test :think: ).

ive taken to not looking at her hand, or not asking etc... But i can see her react to it out of the corner of my eye and then go all funny and hide her hand. normally if she grazes her knee or something i have to kiss it better and she wants magic cream. She keeps tucking it back up her sleeve and hiding her hand behind herself.

I still can't suss out how she managed to get the back of her hand when she landed face down!

She does make me laugh to myself sometimes. She has some weird habits!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back