Airport scanner!!!

Smithy1980

Reaction score
Hey ladies

Just a quickie....I am off to Tenerifey in the AM for a week! Yay!

I was just wondering anyones thoughts on whether to go through the scanner thing or not? I am 16+5 :) ;)

Thanks as alwaysxxx

I've never heard that it's dangerous. I flew to Barbados at 10 weeks with my first, to Paris at 20 weeks with this one and France again at 30 weeks. I was blatently pregnant last two times I've flown and Ive not been told that I can't go through the scanner. I wouldn't worry. xxx

Are you talking about the full body scanner or just the metal detectors that have been there for years? The metal detectors are fine as far as I know.
If your talking about the full body scan where it creates an image I would say don't go through. Being a radiographer I wouldn't let anyone I know go through it anyway but would definiately say no if your pregnant.
Cat x x x

You cant go through the full body scanner and if you chose to not go through the metal detectors they let you go around them. Ive flown twice whlie pregnant so far and have never had to go through a metal detector just went around and got patted down. I dont think there actually a problem with them though but my husband is rather cautious and made me promise i wouldnt go through them lol...
They have them here at all shopping centres etx when you enter so Ive had to dodge alot of them.

That's really bad as noone said anything to me and guided me through the scanners both times when I am blatently pregnant. I had no idea it was bad as they said nothing! :( Sorry for giving wrong info xxx

Ah thanks ladies :) I shall make sure to avoid then! Xxx

Emma that's rubbish that no-one mentioned :( xxx

hi hun, I work at the airport n go through the detectors everyday, its completely safe iv been assured by other staff members XX

I flew to florida last year with OH, and at our airport, there was a big sign saying to avoid if pregnant or blah blah blah x Def wouldn't be doing that x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back