After so many years ttc could this be it?

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by DonnaMarie1, Jan 17, 2016.

1. DonnaMarie1

DonnaMarie1 Well-Known Member

Hi

I am new to the forum but have been lurking on this site and many others for the past few years, currently been ttc with my fiance for the past 3 1/2 years, and I am now 33 and on the waiting list for IVF.. About twelve years ago I also ttc with a previous partner but that never happened either, ( so the problem is def with me ) anyhoo everything happens for a reason and the point I am trying to get across is that in total in last 15 years I have spent six years trying to conceive.

Anyway this cycle has been unlike any other I can remember. My cycle is usually bang on 27days and I ovulate cd 15.

4 dpo - My gums start to bleed when I am brushing my teeth ( This hasn't happened me since I was a teenager )

5 dpo - I noticed a spot of blood on my underwear, just one spot about the size of a twenty pence. ( this has never happened me before either I never get spotting prior to af )

6 dpo - I get painful period like cramps late at night when I am trying to sleep ( I have never had mid cycle af type cramps before, I normally only get them the day of my period or the night before at the earliest )

7 dpo - hot flashes, well this has been happening on an off since ovulation but I haven't been taking much notice as its not really unusual for me.

8 dpo - nothing. Which is actually strange as every other cycle I have had extremely tender breasts which start a few days after ovulation and last right up until the day before af.

I am now 9dpo and still no tender breasts, but still no bfp.. :roll:

I really hope this isn't all in my head and that because so much is different with this cycle that maybe I have a chance. In the last month I have cut out a lot of sugar, drinking herbal teas and started eatting more healthy and exercising more.

Any opinions? anyone want a 9dpo buddy to obsese over symptoms with? :oooo:

2. Mar_15

Mar_15 Well-Known Member

Hi Donna! It sounds promising, I really really hope this is the month for you. When are you testing again?

3. M1chelle

M1chelle Well-Known Member

Ahhh I hope this is your month. You deserve it after that long!

4. DonnaMarie1

Thanks ladies, I am testing again in the morning, using a 'one step early detection' test from the poundshop, trying to keep my first response for closer to Thursday when my AF is due. Here's hoping!

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Well-Known Member

Fx for you; you definitely deserve it!

6. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

I really hope this is it for you. Good luck testing today, let us know how you get on xx

7. Tigeress

Tigeress Well-Known Member

Got all fingers crossed for you xx

8. napoli

napoli Well-Known Member

any news hun? =)

9. DonnaMarie1

Well af didn't show up yet and it was due today, used a poundland test this morning and still bfn, if it doesn't arrive tomorrow morning I will head straight to chemist and buy a FRER.. I had an awful hot flash yesterday the worst one I've ever gotten, an my bbs still arnt sore which they usually do be for a week before af.. I cant help thinking this new diet that ive been on for the past few weeks may have messed with my cycle/hormones, anyhoo fingers crossed :)

10. Thailand1

Thailand1 Well-Known Member