AF nowhere to be found...

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by Mrs.s, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Mrs.s

Mrs.s Well-Known Member

Hi all

I should probably introduce myself :wave::wave:

I used to be an avid member of PF back in 2010 -2012 when I had my two little ladies. Then due to life stresses..divorce and my DD1 having some medical issues I went away!!

Anywho I am back and currently WTT with my new lovely man, I had my Mirena coil removed 5 weeks ago after 3 1/2 of years of it as I want my body to have a break before we try. But my period is missing. Had a couple of dodgy tests that I thought could be faint BFPs due to unprotected sex before coil came out. But all since I have been BFN.....but where is my period :wall2:

Has anyone had any experience with coil removal who could shed some light on where AF is??

Thanks,

Steph

2. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

I had the copper coil, and actually managed to conceive on it. Once I had it removed after my MC I waited a week or so then my AF came. However mine was a non hormonal coil.

Id say it can take at the very least a month, when I had the hormonal implant it took a whole year for my cycles to completely normalize enough for me to get pregnant.

I had my implant for 5 years.

xxxx

3. Mrs.s

Mrs.s Well-Known Member

Hi Hun

Thanks for the reply. when I went for the Mirena I chose it because I had heard bad things about the implant, the doc said everything should return to normal straight away. I suppose I'll give it another week and the go and see the doctor if AF hasn't shown by then. I didn't have a period on it at all but they told me it was normal not to have one. I hope it hasn't messed me up too much.

4. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

They are basically the same hormone. The merina has a synthetic hormone (levonorgestrel) which is a synthetic hormone that is a replica of the implant having progesterone.

It can take anywhere from a month to a year for any hormone to leave our system. But its depends on the person, etc. I think usually as an average they say 6m, in terms of your AF returning and stablizing to become regular and consistent.

I hate hormones.

Good luck with TTC in the future though. I hope AF returns soon.

xxxx

5. Mrs.s

Mrs.s Well-Known Member

Thanks Hun!

Hope you're well. Congratulations on your pregnancy too :) xx

6. kaypee

kaypee Well-Known Member

Hi mrs.s, in a similar situation...just wondering if af appeared? Im still waiting after 6 weeks ��