advice

*saulino*

Reaction score
Well me and my mom have never had a good relationship as she leaves and comes back after a few years.
Well she phoned wheni she found out i was preg to say congradulations, and hadent contacted me till now through e-mail, now that im due in a month, she wants to know how im doing

Anyways i wrote her back asking if she was off her drugs and booze as i dont want it around my daughter but she never writes me back as she says im to verbal as i speak my mind

Is there another way i can possibly get through to her that i want her in my lifde but dont want the crap with it???

if any of you know someone who does Crack you know that they dont like what people have ot say.
Any advice please im so confused and sick 0of this all.
Katrina

I have some family and freinds who are bad on it. And i hate to say this but unless they really want to get off it. they won't it is very addicting. I will not lie i tried it once when i was yunger and thank god i didn't like it. but most people do and since it doesn't last long most of their money goes to it. I had to cut everyone out of my sons life because of their bad habiots. MY mom dated a man who was doing it and i moved out and eventually her grandson meant more to her than a man on crack so she got rid of him. You really have to be HARSH, there is no other way. you can't wsugar coat the truth and you can't prtend that it isn't something that could kill her. You need to take a little while gather your thoughts and write her exactly how you feel and what you want. You need to give her an ultimadum and stick to it. What ever you do do not back down. If she chooses drugs over your child then just remember there will be plenty of other people in your babys life that show love to it. I had to do it with my sons father. He didn't want anything to do with my son and i just had to remember that children know what we teach them. they don't know anything is missing until we point it out. I hope it helps andi would love to talk if you are interested.
Leslie

Hello

Thanks for your reply, i had sent her a long e-mail last night i was firm but not too nasty this time. I asked her if she was still doing it and that if she is i dont want her around me or my child cuz i dont want to put my daughter through what she has done tome these past years.
I told her if she needs help i will try and help her the best i can.
I know what crack can do my OH was a major crack head when i met him as he was my moms roommate, and did it all day long and all his paychecks went towards it, but when he wanted to date me i refused to go out with soembody who is just like my mother. So that night he stopped we left the house the next day and went on our first date. He now has been clean foe two and a half years. and he says it was the hardest thing. But my point is if someone truly matters to you and you care about them then you can do anything.
Im glad you got off of it when you had the chance or you might not be where you are today.
i also told her if she doesnt continue ot stay in touch then dont bother wasting her time in the future cuz i dont the stress.
Its hard cuz its my mom but then again i barely know her so im not really missing out its her thats missing out.
Im just glad i have a dad that raised us three kids on his own since babies and never stopped tryin to be the best parent he can be.
Ill let you know what she says.
Katrina

Hello

Just got the e-mail.
Hi again,
Yes, i do plan on keeping in touch. I lost my wallet right after I talked to Carmella last, so i didn't have you're number. We are doing good, and plan on staying that way. We're looking for jobs and a place to live here and it looks like we'll be here for the winter anyway. So hopefully I can talk to you soon. Thanks for sending your phone number I'll try to calll you soon. I love you lots.

Well this is what she wrote back after my long e-mail, so once again she ovoided everything i had told her and although she says they are doing good that does not tell me if she is still doing it or not???
Saying stuff like i will TRY and call you just makes me mad cuz they have a phone where they are staying what is a little money to go buy a phone card???
Well just thought ide let you know her reply and thanks again for listening it means a lot, cuz i know a lot of people would not relate to what im saying.
Sorry for going on so long about this guess i needed it off my chest. :oops:
But like my friends say it will probably make me an even better mom, knowing ill be there for her.
Take care xxx Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back