advice plz on OV test

rene70

Reaction score
hi using ov testing kit for the first time this month, not sure what to think im on day 14 of cycle, im doing the cm test and if i go by that then ive ov already on sat(no bd :( ) but ov test is nearly as dark as 1st line, does the 2nd line come up at all once ive ovulated? im confused, has anyone got btr results from the monitor?

This was also my first month using OPK's so no expert either Im afraid, however I did start testing very early (good job really as O'ed very early).

I found the following results with mine:

CD 9 - no line
CD 10 - visable line, but very faint
CD 11 - slightly darker, but still faint
CD 12 - tested twice - 1st result getting darker, 2nd result in the evening very dark, although still not quite as dark as the control line
CD 13 - back to a faint line again.

According to the above I potentially ovulated morning of CD 13, which would fit with the pains I was having!

The 2nd line should show darker or as dark as the control line (depending on the brand), and you should ovulate within 12 - 36 hours of seeing the dark line!

I think in order to ensure you see your LH surge (when the dark line appears), you need to test at least twice a day, starting as early in your cycle as necessary otherwise it would be so easy to miss the surge and not have a clue.

I have just ordered a basal thermometre so I can start charting next month, as I really want to know what my body is doing!

Hope that helps a little!!

thnx for the info im trying to keep track , i feel obsessed though , but will do whats necessary to conceive :D

I found OPKs quite confusing too, but very very helpful. This is what happened when I used them on my last cycle..

CD 18 - AM - no line, PM - no line
CD 19 - AM - no line, PM - faint line
CD 20 - AM - strong line, NOON - strong line, PM - faint line
CD 21 - AM - no line

CD 21 was the day that I ov'd, this was according to my temps. We BD'd on CD19, 20 and 21 and I'm 5 weeks pregnant now. I found that temping and using OPKs worked well together. I would not have BD'd on CD21 when I got a negative OPK unless I was temping and I'm pretty sure that that was the day we caught!

Good luck xx

hi im not using a monitor yet mumtobe , im using the 1st response ovulation kit was wondering if it would be in my best interests to buy a monitor if it gives more accurate results, according to ov stick i got my LH surge yesterday morning so BD last night , will do again tomoro night 2 then its the waiting game ,, heres hoping :pray: :pray:

the monitor i am using is clearblue it is very good but expensive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back