Advice Pleeeeease x

i went to one and it was sooo boring. I didnt bother ever again.

Nothing other then labour and a new born can prepare you for the futuer! lol.

xCarly said:
I Havnt Been To Any Ante-natal/Parent Craft Classes and I Suppose Im Just Starting To Worry a Bit. What Exactly Am I Missing Out On?

The Classes Offered Are.. Feeding.. Labour.. Pain Relief, But I Never Got Round To Booking Them and Wasnt Too Bothered Because I Know Not Everyone Choses To Go. I Feel Like I Know Enough About What To Expect and Would Rather Go With The Flow.

The Thing Now Is That Im Panicking That I Wont Know How To Feed/Change My baby Or Something Daft Lol Although I Know This Is Silly! Im Worried That I'v Missed Out On Important Info About Labour/Pain Relief.

Are You Shown Anything At All By The Midwives About Feeding/Changing At The Hospital After Birth Etc? and What Exactly Did You Learn At The Classes That May Be Important? Do I Really Need To Attend?

Carly, I chose not to have NHS or NCT or any other classes, just did our Hypnobirthing classes, they helped me prepare emotionally, they helped me understand my body, how my uterus worked, gave me confidence to enjoy my pregnancy and birth. I didn't feel not having medical classes as such hindered me, you can educate yourself in a way that suits you, I've heard some classes aren't very good, others are scarey, neither of which would help. If all classes were to a high standard, and focused on all areas of labour and birth then maybe they'd be more popular.

When I went into hospital it was all pretty straight forward, the staff know what they are doing, and if you ask them they will explain everything to you, I would personally say to write a birth plan, then you can rest easy you've thought the birth through as best you can before the event :)

I think your go with the flow approach is beautiful, you and your body and baby know what you're doing, everyone else is there to support you, so don't worry and very best wishes :hug:

Thanks Again For All Your Replies. Im Not Going To Bother With The Classes & Feel Much More Relaxed About It Now :D xxx

I only went to one last time and didn't find it that helpful.

Will be giving them a go this time, but like parydysso, purely for the social aspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back