advice please

poppyangel

Reaction score
Hello ladies, I am 9 weeks pg and need advice. I had my booking in appointment last week at the hospital with a midwife which was not very informative. I asked them when I would get my dating scan and they said I would get a letter in the post. However a week on I have heard nothing, is this normal or should I chase it up? I am not really sure how much notice they give you, but the problem is my husband works away and would need at least to know a week in advance. Please can anyone let me know roughly how long they had to wait? It all seems very vague to me. xxx

I recieved my dating scan last time within a week, but all are different.

Give it until next Monday and if nothing has arrived, give the surgery a call :hug:

In my area they book the dating scan on the phone when doing the booking in appt.

I wouldnt panic yet, you have a few weeks, but like Tasha says if you havent heard anything chase it up start of next week :D

I got a letter about my scan appointment about 2 weeks after seeing the midwife. It felt like a long time to wait!

I feel quite hard done by.. lol.. im like.. 11weeks (maybe.. lol) and i still have to wait a week before seeing my midwife for the first time.. and its sending me crazy.. cos i keep thinking.. "omg.. im gonna get there.. and i bet im not pregnant.. i bet my head has just made all this up".. so i will get my first appointment.. havnt even had a dating scan or anything.. so i literally have no clue.. wont get my 12 weeks at 12 weeks.. and i feel a bit let down.. lol. i have no midwife number.. or even know who my midwife will be.. :S

x x

Doctors at 4.5 weeks
Received Scan date 2 weeks later for 6 weeks time (now three weeks).
Still have not seen a MW 4.5 weeks on from Doctors appointment - when queried it with Doctors she imformed me in an abrupt tone "well they are busy you know, its a busy time!" What for babies? Wasn't aware there was a season for having babies! :roll:

Hope that helps. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back