Advice please

veryfluffybunny

Reaction score
My Youngest boy who is 13 months old now has started crying in the night, not wimpering but a loud cry. My husband tends to get up if he cries (he sleeps in our room still, not by choice- spare room needs some work, and getting round to doing that not easy with 2 children). Thing is our boy stops crying if we put him into bed with us (im not happy with the idea of this as l know that it may cause problems with them sleeping in their own beds later on), its the only thing that seems to work and we worry that his crying will wake our other boy, his cry is that loud it seems. its the only thing that really seems to work. If anyone has any other ideas, that would be a great help.

Thanks

You say he's just started doing it? Was he OK before now? If he was, then there's obviously some difference effecting him, you say he's in your room, maybe you or OH is waking him? Changes can effect sleep routines, so he may settle down himself soon enough. Isaac does this screaming, but we just pick him up, rock him for a minute or so, then when he's back settled we put him back in his cot and he's fine.

So I would suggest that, but also think if any other changes could be the issue, the usual hunger, nappy, teething issues, but anythng else? A cold possibly? Is it lighter in your room? Some babies wake as soon as it gets light. Really hope he settles down again for you, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

There has been no changes, he has been in our room since he's newborn, just we cant put him into our spare room as it needs work done to it. But yes, the things you have said teething especially, its maybe that, just he stops crying when we pick him up or goes into our bed, but cries when he goes into his cot, if it was teething though l think he would cry wether he was in his cot, our bed or being held. Im really not sure. He is fine today and he slept better last night. Im hoping it is just a phase he is going through at the moment. He may be being disturbed by us as he is with us which probably doesnt help. Think we will just have to work round getting spare room sorted l think. Thank you for your advise, is been a help.

my sister had the same problem when her son turned 1yr and it went on for 2/3 months until eventually she made her oh spend the weekend doing her spare room because it drove her mad, it took her a week and a half to settle him in his own room but he eventually got out of sleeping with her. it could have been just a dream the firsty few times but it is probably now because he knows he will get to go in your bed, i did this with my first and ended up having a nightmare 2 weeks getting her to sleep in her own bed so its best to get him out of it now, i would try rocking him to sleep or comforting him to a few minutes and then putting him in his own bed and keep doing it until he goes bk to sleep it may take a few nights of constant waking tho before he gets used to the idea. good luck hun xxxxxx

Thanks for the advice. It is terrible at the moment. Has been happening well over a week now. We have been taking him up when he is asleep as he will just cry so much that he will work himself into such a state and the issue of him waking his big brother up too. He wakes at night and he cries again, rocking him to sleep doesn really work as he wakes as soon as you put him in his cot even if he has been asleep for well over 10 minutes, its just a nightmare! I am against my children sleeping in the same bed as us and know the consiquences of him sleeping in with us, but the only thing that will help him off to sleep! until we can get this sorted, this seems the only known solution for the time being. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back